Has anyone got a review of Heretics of Tarantia?

gav

Mongoose
:DWe have just finished our Westmark campaign and am going to link it with the above scenario can anyone provide a review please. :D

I give it high marks. I rarely run a pre-made scenario but this one ran beautifully and I didn't have to make any changes in it at all.

Thanks Vincent
We loved the Westermark campaign. Two pcs died while running it. One of which died in the last encounter. We are now skipping 18years and begin the story in Tarantia with the love child of Lady Coelia. Ten out of ten for the campaign is was great fun.

Thanks Vincent
We loved the Westermark campaign. Two pcs died while running it. One of which died in the last encounter. We are now skipping 18years and begin the story in Tarantia with the love child of Lady Coelia. Ten out of ten for the campaign is was great fun.
+

What campaign was this?

The one at the end of Conan: Across the Thunder River, called Defending the West: The Fall of the Westermarck. It is on pages 162-189.

VincentDarlage said:
I give it high marks. I rarely run a pre-made scenario but this one ran beautifully and I didn't have to make any changes in it at all.

Praise indeed! :)

Many thanks - and I'm glad it ran so well for you, amigo.

The one at the end of Conan: Across the Thunder River, called Defending the West: The Fall of the Westermarck. It is on pages 162-189.

I believe we started this one, but then the GM had to bow out for a bit and we never finished...Is there a T-Rex creature in it?

gav said:
:DWe have just finished our Westmark campaign and am going to link it with the above scenario can anyone provide a review please. :D

Coming back to the initial question: can please someone give a few lines, e.g. about difficulty, probability of the plot, "sorcery level" etc.?

Since I (and several others I think) order via the www, I can't flip through the books in a game store. Thanks, guys!

René said:
Coming back to the initial question: can please someone give a few lines, e.g. about difficulty, probability of the plot, "sorcery level" etc.?

Difficulty: I played it with a group of 6th level characters and it was appropriately difficult. It was designed for four to six players of 5th to 7th level.

Probability of the Plot: Mostly probable. The least probable element is when Publius "hires" the characters to do further investigating in Chapter 2 - for all he knows, he is hiring complete bumblers. When I played it, my players pretty much asked for the job, so this "asking" on the part of Publius didn't occur. My players talked him into it. The rest of the plot is highly probable.

Sorcery Level: Appropriate.

Railroad Level: Low. My players did a few things out of order, which did not affect the playability at all, so the adventure was not straight-jacketed or railroaded like some modules tend to be. The most obvious rail-roading element was the encounter with Publius, but my Players were already interested in solving the mystery because of the strong hook, so they felt like they railroaded Publius.

Hook Quality: Among the best. It hooked my players from the start.

All in all: It was FAR above the average and a lot of fun to play.

Back