Happy Birthday Uncle Joe

Dredd Times

Administrator
Hi Folks,
Join me in wishing Mega-City Ones finest lawman Judge Joe Dredd a very happy 28th birthday today March 5th. 2000AD started on February 26th 1977 with Dredd making his debut the following week in Prog 2.

Heres to another 28 years.

Marc

Dredd Times said:
Hi Folks,
Join me in wishing Mega-City Ones finest lawman Judge Joe Dredd a very happy 28th birthday today March 5th. 2000AD started on February 26th 1977 with Dredd making his debut the following week in Prog 2.

Heres to another 28 years.

Have I really been buying the rag for that long? I actually started with issue 2 'cos issue 1 sold out before I could get my grubby paws on it (until I "rescued" one from the school's "rainy lunchtime" collection of comics a year or two later).

frobisher said:
Have I really been buying the rag for that long? I actually started with issue 2 'cos issue 1 sold out before I could get my grubby paws on it (until I "rescued" one from the school's "rainy lunchtime" collection of comics a year or two later).

if you have kept them all :shock: how much room has that left you to live in :shock: :lol:

I have them all more or less, including all the issues of Starlord and the Megazine and live in a very tiny 3 bedroom terraced house. And people wonder why everything here is a complete mess :)

Marc

toothill man said:
if you have kept them all :shock: how much room has that left you to live in :shock: :lol:

There's a fair sized cupboard at the top of the stairs (that the other half is eyeing up as an ensuite loo for the bedroom) that the older issues (anything older than 2002) have migrated to - it's pretty crammed, the others are occuppying shelf space all over the place (time to bring them all together and pop them in the binders I bought I suppose...)

But yup, I've got most of them (an embarrassing gap occurred in 1999 when John Menzies (as was) couldn't remember to actually keep them for me - went subscription after that and haven't looked back :)), all the Starlords, Tornadoes, Megazine(s) etc.

I have an attic, and all my progs are up there. Can't boast a complete collection - I only have 2000ad's from Prog 400 - but with The Law In Order I have almost every Dredd.

I keep them in those box file things - 26 2000ad's fit in one. (12 Megazines per box, too) I am currently rre-reading all the Dredd related stories. am up to about prog 500. (It is taking me longer than planned because ican't resist reading the Strontium Dog stories now I am onto actual progs...)It is fun!

you guys are amazing have only bits and pieces left a good run of dragon and poly but not much dredd lasted the moves :evil:

toothill man said:
you guys are amazing have only bits and pieces left a good run of dragon and poly but not much dredd lasted the moves :evil:

Citizen it is a crime against MC-1 to posses only bits and pieces of Judge Dredd...

Happy Birthday Stoney Face....

Back