GW's foundation paints

They are ok. They cover a bit better than valejo or P3, but the bottle design leaves a little to be desired.

I'm not swapping my P3 or vallejo for them, but I might use them for a base coat to layer over them.

They also haven't been formulated by GW, but I believe by Coat D'arms and are then sold under a GW label. Like the nice army cases.

The Coat D'Arms line is made by HMG Paints of the UK. They are also the guys who made the old Citadel Paints for GW and they currently are putting out the P3 line for the Warmachine crew; as well as the Coat D'Arms stuff. I haven't heard that they are making Foundation though.

Still, nice paints :)

Hi,
Ive used the red on a Napoleonics figure and it went on very well. One coat of red on the top and it was done.

Gazza

Derina Ramsey said:
only got 1 pot, the lid is a bit naff tho

Yup, I'd forgotten about that. The paint can run from the lid into the rim when you are painting, and when you shut the pot it splats every where. In fact I've found the foundation pots more prone to this than the regular gw pots. I usually set the hinge edge of gw pots on a match stick when I paint. Just that little bit of tilt lets the paint go down the hole, not all over the rim.

I like using them for the Brikiri - goes on very nice and in one coat even with water added. Only complaint I have is that it drys up WAY to fast!

Back