GM'S GUIDE TO CREATING HYBORIAN AGE ADVENTURES

Iron_Chef said:
Update: I've taken a new job and moved out of state from my first and only gaming group of 22+ years, so it seems likely that this marks the end of my gaming days for the most part (except vacations, though those will probably be limited to boardgames like Heroscape or the like).

You could always try to find a play-by-message board game of Conan. or even run one.

But if not, then bye, and good luck!

Iron_Chef said:
Update: I've taken a new job and moved out of state from my first and only gaming group of 22+ years, so it seems likely that this marks the end of my gaming days for the most part (except vacations, though those will probably be limited to boardgames like Heroscape or the like).

I was wondering where you were all that time...
If you don't live in a village you probably can find and/or form a new gaming group. It can be also quite exciting. :wink:

Congratulations and good luck, Chef! If it makes you feel any better, the group I play in wants me to start a Conan campaign for them, and the pressures of the new job I expect to start (no offer yet, but I'm confident) will make it tough for me to build something from scratch -- I'll be getting a ton of use from your work.

Good luck IC!

I just want to say thanks for all the info from you I have used over this last year. The crit/fumble tables and gem price guide are stables in our game not to mention the adventure hooks! Take care and may al your rolls be crits! 8)

You're welcome! Sorry I didn't see this before now...

MY LIFE UPDATE: Moved, changed jobs, went through some personal hell, LOL, but the upside is I'm back with my old gaming buddies and we're off boardgames (mostly) and back to RPGs. It was worth it. :wink:

I got busy GMing Star Wars d20 for a drastic change of pace over the medieval fantasy my two decades old gaming group is used to. Don't know when we'll switch back to Conan... Especially since A Game of Thrones d20 is coming out. But I'm sure we'll get around to it eventually. We loved playing in that setting with those rules (except maybe magic).

You can find me as "Dark Saber" on the WoTC Star Wars RPG boards if you want to talk Star Wars. I've got some adventures and character creation rules posted over there. I'll be around here too, but not as often.

Anyway, I'm immensely gratified that my work has been of such a help to so many of you and continues to remain so. I don't know why Mongoose never stickied this thread. It's practically essential reading, if I can toot my own horn... *toot* *toot* :lol:

PS: My Bandit core class and Wilds of Hyboria Encounter Tables were published in Signs & Portents #12 and #19, respectively.

Good to hear form you again Iron_Chef. It seems like every time I re-read this thread, I see new opportunities. Thanks again for all of your hard work supporting the Conan RPG.

I keep seeing the banner on the main page with Job openings announced.

Would you consider applying for the job, Iron Chef?

I think everyone on these forums would agree that you have a certain Knack for this.

I'd buy your stuff.

The job openings are full time and require you to live in Swindon, UK and I'm in the Seattle, WA area. I do appreciate your vote of confidence, however. I have been giving a lot of very serious thought to forming my own gaming company in the near future. Not that I don't mind doing freelance work, but I'm a bit of a maverick in that I like to keep every dollar my writing generates all for myself. I've got some ideas cooking. Will keep you guys posted.

BTW, if you ever want to run a really cool Star Wars d20 campaign that I've written for my gaming group (complete with cut scenes), click here:

My Star Wars Campaign Part 1
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=479218
My Star Wars Campaign Part 2
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=501426

Best of luck on any future gaming company endevors, Iron_Chef!

I am sure you have enough fans here already that you should have no problem getting a few sales right off the bat.

Don't worry Mongoose, I still loves ya!

Iron_Chef said:
BTW, if you ever want to run a really cool Star Wars d20 campaign that I've written for my gaming group (complete with cut scenes), click here:

My Star Wars Campaign Part 1
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=479218
My Star Wars Campaign Part 2
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=501426

Wow, never knew that there is a KOTOR campaign guide! Seems to contain only KOTOR I; is there anywhere an updated version including KOTOR II?

Sorry, not CONAN, but important nonetheless! :wink:

The author, Ghenghis Ska, is working on a revised edition that fixes errors and adds the stuff from KOTOR II. Should be ready in a month or two. He's active over at the Dwarven Forge forums and the WoTC Star Wars forums under that name. Great guy. His KOTOR campaign guide pdf (118 full color pages) is essential to running a KOTOR d20 SW game. :D

BTW: After trying SW d20, I've become a convert of VP/WP rather than HP and would probably try to run Conan with it in future. The promising new A Game of Thrones d20 (coming in October) uses a super reduced HP progression (IIRC, Con + just 1-2 hp per level + CON mod based on class with low massive damage/shock rules). That's much lower than Conan and it seems to use just about all the other rules Conan does (armor as DR, Defense, Parry, etc.). It will be interesting to see how that HP system works out in play.

As to everyone else, thanks for your continued support. 8)

ATTENTION "IRON_CHEF" FANS!

I am starting up my own gaming company (trade name pending, and obviously it will not be "Iron_Chef Enterprises" LOL). I've run corporations before and managed them for others (of course, they were all crazy chaotic evil bastards, but that's another story). There are still some issues to iron out before I make an "official" announcement. I'll post more details in the coming weeks.

I just nabbed a fan-freakin'-tastic graphic artist onboard to do beautiful, full color Todd Gamble/Ron Shirtz quality maps/tactical battle grids. I also have several different ideas on what to release first (whatever will make the most money but still be cool, LOL), but I'm looking for input and advice from my fans during this critical early product development stage.

From my contributions to this forum (not to mention ENWorld and WoTC's Star Wars) you know I've got the chops to crank out some serious grade-A quality material, so what would you buy with my "name" on it? What type of product best suits your gaming needs? Be as specific as possible. Note that except in the case of my forthcoming campaign setting (which I've been developing since 1996), I intend to make things as "generic" as possible so they can be easily slotted into any campaign, regardless of style. There will also be some cool freebies available as pdfs to download on my website (now under development) to give you a taste of what my new company can do for your game.

The best part is I already have reams of cool material in various stages of readiness from my 22+ years as both a player and DM (hey, I don't post all my brilliant ideas!). :twisted:

Thanks to all my fans here who have been instrumental in convincing me to make the leap to doing this full time. I appreciate it! :wink:

I'm bumping this because of my surprise and gratitude for the startup adventures for Zamora--very good and I may well grab 'em for my own campaign.

Just heard the Conan license is not being renewed so here's one final bump for my thread, for old times' sake. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback. I'm glad I could help so many gamers with this thread and my other contributions to the Conan forum and sourcebooks.

Happy Gaming Everybody!

Back