Glorantha Preview Four

Nice one!

I like the detail - this is what the RQ3 stuff shoulda been like.

Quck question: are you going to do other areas in similar levels of detail? I've still got all my old Prax material, but would love to see it in the 2nd age too.

And it looks fine, too! Safelster is a very good campaign setting, because you can find a fine mix of Malkioni and Orlanthi cultural elements. Not to mention the fact that all Ralians were originally Hsunchens, as the preview clearly explains.

My only concern is that this could create some confusion with the (unofficially) published Third Age Ralios material. The sourcebooks for the How the West was One and Rise of Ralios freeforms are full of semi-official info about this setting.

It is clear that there is a several century timeshift between the two ages, but whereas the Dragon Pass area was ravaged and resettled after the fall of the EWF, this did not happen in Ralios. So the two settings should keep some sort of internal consistence, IMO.

But let's just wait and see the rest of the sourcebook :wink:

Yeah, looking cool.... Definately a worthy book to read!

I like the conisistant map look... Is that a computer program that does that or what? Would love to do my campaigns map like that :D

Keep up the good work, looking forard to more previews (hint hint - whats the game year for the campaigns?!?) and indeed, roll on a cults of glorantha book 1 preview to see f ti looks god learnery 8)

Mind you, My copy of RQ Companion arrived this morning so gonna start checking that out now :)

Wow! This is what we want! Looks like it could be the best thing since Pavis/Rubble......again I see scenario hooks and ideas blossoming in the prose.

Ravage said:
Mind you, My copy of RQ Companion arrived this morning so gonna start checking that out now :)

You Evil Bastard! I'm not even getting my core rules until Thursday. You have your comapanion already! What do you need previews for, you'll probably have your Cults book by next week.

The guy at the store says to me it should be in Thursday, with an emphasis on should. I lost it on him, reached over the counter and strted shaking him "what do you mean SHOULD! There is this halving rule... I need to know...."

I think I scared him enough that if he only gets one copy it'll be mine.

Looks excellent - heaps of info & background & scenario ideas, plus a lovely looking format. Can't wait to get stuck into this one!

Question: is the city map scale correct? It looks absolutely huge for Glorantha - it's about the size of modern-day London & several times larger than Manhattan, with ten linear miles of docks... Population of several million?

sarahnewton said:
Question: is the city map scale correct? It looks absolutely huge for Glorantha - it's about the size of modern-day London & several times larger than Manhattan, with ten linear miles of docks... Population of several million?

Yikes! Missed that. It is pretty huge by that scale.

Though the same land area does not mean the same population as a modern city, it's not like they have high-rises or skyscrapers....

oh, wait, they have mile high towers, never mind. :D

Looks like good stuff other than the suspect scale.

sarahnewton said:
Looks excellent - heaps of info & background & scenario ideas, plus a lovely looking format. Can't wait to get stuck into this one!

I suspect that it is. This is sort of the "Golden Age" of GLorantha, when civilization was at it's peak. By comparison, third Age Glorantha is sort of like the Dark Ages looking back at Rome, or Athens or Alexandria at their height.

I have to admit, of all the MRQ stuff I've seen preview of, this looks the best. THe book is very pretty.

Although I don't have any in depth knowledge of the classic RQ setting but Gloratha The Second Age looks like a very, very interesting and well made book. :!:

Cut said:
Although I don't have any in depth knowledge of the classic RQ setting but Gloratha The Second Age looks like a very, very interesting and well made book. :!:

Same here -- I have never adventured in Glorantha, but this preview looks damn good :!: :D

Mangus

sarahnewton said:

Yup, it's the God Learners, so I suspect we'll have to get very used to thinking BIG. The Big Rubble would be about the same size as Marvelmaze or Merchant Hill, but that was the largest contemporary settlement at the time (late 3rd age).

The largest city in Ralios is going to be near the top of the scale for Glorantha anyway. I do like the (potentially uneasy?) close contact of very very different cultures here.

As I said in another thread, 2nd Age civilized Glorantha will be a very different place to what we're used to.

Rurik said:
Ravage said:

You Evil Bastard! I'm not even getting my core rules until Thursday. You have your comapanion already! What do you need previews for, you'll probably have your Cults book by next week.

The guy at the store says to me it should be in Thursday, with an emphasis on should. I lost it on him, reached over the counter and strted shaking him "what do you mean SHOULD! There is this halving rule... I need to know...."

I think I scared him enough that if he only gets one copy it'll be mine.

You see, life's a bit like this, some people get killed by trollkin... others don't. (with that problem ,if you ever know someone who's in a Light cult, see if they can get sunbright, it does wonders against Trolls.)

Ravage said:
So, what's your initial reaction to it?

I am curious as to how optional it is -- is the Companion a stand-alone optional supliment, or is it half of the core rules?

homerjsinnott said:
You see, life's a bit like this, some people get killed by trollkin... others don't. (with that problem ,if you ever know someone who's in a Light cult, see if they can get sunbright, it does wonders against Trolls.)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homerjsinnott said:

You shouldn't pick on the worshiiper of Elmal. :(
Greg already has. :?

atgxtg said:
homerjsinnott said:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rurik said:
atgxtg said:
homerjsinnott said:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry. If it makes you feel better in MRQ your Elmal worshipers can go on a HeroQuest and intergrate the Truth, Plant, and Light runes (all appropriate for your cult) and become:

117fs383922.jpg

Back