Gladius

The Warlord

Mongoose
Not sure if ya'll are into videogames, but if so, ya'll should definitely check out Gladius. It's a turn-based-strategy game where you pit gladitorial schools against each other. You can choose a Roman style school or Barbarian. It's very much like an rpg with leveling up, equiping characters, designing outfits, and assigning 'feat' like skills.

It's got a great theme, awesome music and many cool names you can incorporate into your Conan game. :) In fact it's the most 'conan-like' game I've played since Weaponlord on the SNES.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/gladius/

I bought Gladius when it first came out for the Gamecube, and I have to say it was a thorough dissapointment. I found it too slow, and needlessly complex, although I can see the Hyborian elements you mentioned. I must only have played it for an hour or so.

Perhaps it's time I dusted it from it's shelf.

Lucius said:
I bought Gladius when it first came out for the Gamecube, and I have to say it was a thorough dissapointment. I found it too slow, and needlessly complex, although I can see the Hyborian elements you mentioned. I must only have played it for an hour or so.

Perhaps it's time I dusted it from it's shelf.

Needlessly complex? I'd rather have a complex good game. The more complex the better.

Back