Glad about a rules update. . .

Richgo22

Mongoose
There are many, many contradiction in our beloved main rulebook. I will like to see the new rules, and I hope Matt will speed thinks up.

I request a full brief in this forum by my brothers-in-arms. Please post you impressions after September 30 in all due glory!

Another good part of this rules update is that we are playtesting and re-evaluating units already in the game, so any units that you've been worried to buy or use because they seemed too expensive for their use will almost certainly become viable.

well, i certainly hope that the grizzly won't be such a no-brainer as it's now-it's easily one of the best units in the game, and makes the poor Couguras look obsolete :(*it's the only gripe i have with the otherwise balanced MI book*

Hiromoon said:
All I can say is MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All I can say is: I've said it before and I've said it again: you guys are crazy :roll:

Well, I for one is awaiting the rules update with anticipation. Will be fun to see what they changed and not.

What do you do with a silly Swede?

You:
1134064261211.jpg

You know, I don't think I could be afraid of any force than called it's flamethrower a flammenwerfer. It sounds like a sausage.

Advance on the bunkers, unleash the flammenwerfer!

No onions on mine thanks.

I find it really funny, not sure why, but the German accent makes me smile. Probably because every other word sounds like a kind of sausage.

If you had expierienced German flamethrowers on the eastern front. . . I saw very nasty pics to their effect on russion infantry. Or on tanks. . .

Or in cityfighting in the Normandy: The Americans had stormed a house with infantry. The Germans in the opposite house first brought their 20mm cannon to bear, firing point-blank thorugh the brick, then the flamethrowers. . . sausages.

After the war both weapons got banned as anti-infantry weapons.

Voracioustigger said:
Another good part of this rules update is that we are playtesting and re-evaluating units already in the game, so any units that you've been worried to buy or use because they seemed too expensive for their use will almost certainly become viable.

Yeah since the MI were sooo unbalanced with all their unit options. Glad they only get a tripple thud now....

>>>Are we restricted to just say a Javelin for every CAP squad or will there be some way of allowing players to include other weapons like flamers or sniper rifles?

The 'base' special weapon is the Triple Thud. But yes, provision has been made to add other weapons.

I guess we might get other weapons someday. Hopefully before we get the Forth for SST:Beta. :wink:

Given what I've seen, and what VT's seen....there'll be additional weapons. One of the benefits of keeping the regular kits around.

Major Chaos said:
>>>Are we restricted to just say a Javelin for every CAP squad or will there be some way of allowing players to include other weapons like flamers or sniper rifles?

The 'base' special weapon is the Triple Thud. But yes, provision has been made to add other weapons.

I guess we might get other weapons someday. Hopefully before we get the Forth for SST:Beta. :wink:

Heck, just buy the metal bits and do some conversions. I really seems to me that some poeple are so distraught over the announcement that they can't see that anything can be converted or painted/repainted.

Actually I figured since the cards with the stats came with the mini's they would only include stats for the Thud. Adding the others in the future. Making conversions moot.

I reserve the right to feel however I like about their future plans. While I am (very guardedly) optimistic about SST:EVO I believe there is plenty to be skeptical about. Sorry if this rains on your parade. Once it is in my hands and it doesn't suck I will stop feeling that way.

Back