Ghost in the Shell

But again as pointed out this is way too close to Infinity. And frankly taking on Infinity is a death wish....

This seems to have an interested following <good amount of viewed> so here is an Interesting link for possible time settings that the conflicts could take place in.

http://ghostintheshellsac2ndgig.quickseek.com/

Here is the corresponding WIKI link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_S.A.C._2nd_GIG

I guess the WW3 and following conflicts could also be done in BF:Evo.

Though I dont know when Cyborgs and Enhanced Reality became commonplace in SAC I guess the 2020 t0 203+ Timeframe has a lot of potential for small scale Spec Ops skirmishes.

xeoran said:
I think RPG would work better. Not only would that allow the cyberspace element but a wargame would be a little dodgy. The only way to do it would be to mak up lots of new stuff for the armies/agents. Or run the game like an uber detailed version of "Saboutage".

Yes an Rpg would be better than a mini game

I agree that an GITS RPG would be very nice, but a mini game on the scale of GWs Necromunda or the Shadowrun skirmish game Downtown Militarized Zone would be perfect to depict the paramilitary actions by Section9, Section6 and members of organized crime, insurgents and terrorists.
(Although that could be to similar to Gangs of Megacity One?)

Actualy once it comes down to shooting in Gits SAC there isnt much virtual reality involved anymore.

But even then, there could be ways to manipulate parts of the real battlefield (or even enemy combatants) via cyberspace.

And Cyberspace combat could even be handled as a detached side battlefield to the real fighting.

I´ve done a conversion of the SST rules for use in Cyberpunk settings, primarily for Ghost in the Shell, using various minis and scratchbuilt mecha. Worked well apart from the sheer deadliness of weapons applied to anything else than a horde of mindless bugs... we tried to counter it by giving multihits to any model in the force, and it worked rather well, but at the end of the day SST is a mass combat system.

The action-reaction concept worked excellently, though, as well as the special movement modes - had my Tachikoma climb a shaft using the climbropes and machine-gun a pesky interloping terrorist on the way up.

If you´re interested, take a look at my "Cyberpunk" gallery:

http://www.dminis.com/Scratchbuilder_Christian/images.html?galleryId=1685&from=Cyberpunk

Trooper_Chris said:
I´ve done a conversion of the SST rules for use in Cyberpunk settings, primarily for Ghost in the Shell, using various minis and scratchbuilt mecha. Worked well apart from the sheer deadliness of weapons applied to anything else than a horde of mindless bugs... we tried to counter it by giving multihits to any model in the force, and it worked rather well, but at the end of the day SST is a mass combat system.

The action-reaction concept worked excellently, though, as well as the special movement modes - had my Tachikoma climb a shaft using the climbropes and machine-gun a pesky interloping terrorist on the way up.

If you´re interested, take a look at my "Cyberpunk" gallery:

http://www.dminis.com/Scratchbuilder_Christian/

images.html?galleryId=1685&from=Cyberpunk

wow your figs are awsome !!! where did you source them all from

Most minis should be sourced in their respective gallery entry, but nonetheless:

Tachikoma, Fuchikoma, Think-Tank: Scratchbuilt from a variety of materials, including wood craft bits, metal washers, plastic, and cardboard.

Special Forces: Old Grenadier "Future Wars" miniatures sculpted by Mark Copplestone. Those minis are available from EM-4 Miniatures.

Terrorists: The ringleader´s from the old Warzone "Cartel Agents" blister pack, while the hit squad is foundry.

Batou is a full sculpt made from "Magic Sculp" modelling putty. Great stuff, the best I tried so far.

The Ops truck was made from a PC-Designed cardboard modelling plan which I then printed onto 300g/sqm cardstock.

beautifull Tachikomas...
Nice idea to use simple wooden geometric shapes.
I have found, that the infinity range of minis are quite influenced by shiro.
They have a lot of Apleseed like mecha.
Still authentic Gits:SAC characters in 25mm to 30mm would be realy nice.

For those twhat were interessted in a Gits RPG System, I recently found this site:
http://serenadawn.com/GhostintheShellRPG.htm
I just browsed the content and it looks quite promessing, even though I am not a great fan of D20.

I still think a skirmish system would be nice, though I have looked at http://www.infinitythegame.com/eng/default.asp in the mean time and appart from the setting I like the system and the minis very much.
They seem quite inspired by Shirow, they even have a Briareos and a Landmate lookalike.

Thanks for the GitS link Omegamann, Was just talking about this on another board, I shall spread the word around :wink:

Wow, I would absolutely love a GHOST IN THE SHAELL STAND ALONE COMPLEX RPG. Skirmish mini battles are cool and all, but I don;t know how well the GITS:SAC universe would translate? Would there be a bunch of rules dictating hacking attempts on minatures? I just don't see that working so well.

But a GITS:SAC roleplaying game would be so awesome. My players and I have been talking about this for years now. To us (and me) it seem that there is really no good cyberpunk game on the market. I'm not a fan of the shadowrun mechanics, and besides that there has been little. CYBERNET was ok at best, and EX MACHINA has no support (and a crappy system IMO). CYBERPUNK v.3 is cool, in a weird sorta way but again the rules are not very popular. CYBERPUNK 2.0.2.0. is awesome, but the game is too far out of date of how the Cyberpunk genre has evolved.

I think a d20 version of GHOST IN THE SHELL: STAND ALONE COMPLEX has massive amounts of appeal, epeically towards the d20 crowd and to cyberpunk players who long for a good d20 version of the genre.

..................................................Omote
FPQ

Omegamann said:
For those twhat were interessted in a Gits RPG System, I recently found this site:
http://serenadawn.com/GhostintheShellRPG.htm
I just browsed the content and it looks quite promessing, even though I am not a great fan of D20.

I've checked out Serenadawn's GITS RPG, and in my opinion thee are too many changes to the system to be perfect. Although that link proves that the writer did that setting as a labor of love for GITS, and I totally applaud him for that! *two thumbs up* But IMO there is just somthing not right about that game.

............................................Omote
FPQ

You may be right about the rules, though I guess one would have to do a trialgame to find out if they work or not (to bad that I dont have a group at the moment).
I do like the wealth of background info compiled from all the different Gits sources on that site.

Concerning a skirmish game, just have a look at the free rules on the infinity site.
Its a shameless ripoff, but in their setting most soldiers have a "box" implanted that can be hacked by soldiers with hacking equipment.
Hacking can also be incorporated in a battles scenery (security doors and such)

A solid, high tech skirmish mini's game could sell well.

If Mongoose got this license, it'd be a great opportunity, though I'd rather see RQ than D20 as the engine.

Of course, they could go the route of Heavy Gear and those games, and give us a beefy book, with setting in the front, RPG rules in the middle, and mini;s rules in the back.

Or do a box set with 3 separate books, mini's and various nifty things :) I love me some box sets

They can produce a skrimish game and an RPG if they could get the license. I personally am only interested in an RPG. I wouldn't invest anything into a skrimish game.

Back