Gaining spells

samsonov

Mongoose
Hi !

I'm new to this forum and I have a question about gaining spells.
When scholar gains a new spell or bonus spell and he is choosing a spell and checking prerequisites and sees magic attack bonus +5. Does that mean "base" magic attack bonus or "total" magic bonus. Let's have an example; Dread Serpent spell has prerequisites Entrance, magic attack bonus +4, will scholar get his hands to that spell at level 3 or level 8 assuming he's got Hypnotism as a sorcery style??

This is bothering me and our group, if someone could help us we would be very grateful. Thanks in advance

Does that mean "base" magic attack bonus or "total" magic bonus. Let's have an example; Dread Serpent spell has prerequisites Entrance, magic attack bonus +4, will scholar get his hands to that spell at level 3 or level 8 assuming he's got Hypnotism as a sorcery style??

It's base Magic Attack Bonus.

In your example with Dread Serpent, the scholar gets it (can select it) at level 8, not before.

- thulsa

Yep, thulsa's got it. Attack Bonus should be Base Attack Bonus also where it mentions it as a requirement. (Magic attack Bonus (MAB) and Base Attack Bonus (BAB) respectively).

:wink:

Thanks, it was as I thought it to be. I just want it to hear from gurus. That would make much more interesting to play my Stygian scholar 8)

Back