G loc

Perkanis83

Mongoose
Just a quick question regarding the new high guard 2022, since we now have g-loc as a thing me and my group have been looking for ways to combat this in the central supply book as well as any other media published but so far we have been unable to find anything, so I have a 2 pronged question

1, Are we just blind and missed something in another book regarding this,

2, Would a home rule of +1 for sitting in cockpit (same as for being in a accel seat) and another +1 for G suit at TL 8 with a improved version at TL 12 that gives +2 G- loc with some form of medical help at TL 10 and TL 14 that gives another +1 and +2 respectively be somewhat in line with what others might expect? Or would that make the anti G-loc gear to powerfull? opinions please.

Fire Fusion Steel, and then you have an acceleration tank.

I like to think if they flooded the ship, it would help.

Fire Fusion Steel, and then you have an acceleration tank.

I like to think if they flooded the ship, it would help.
Mmmm true but how would one model that really? especially for the pilot of said ship I mean sure being in water is great for handling the G-loc but you are now submerged in water and trying to pilot a ship/fighter.

Funny, I imagined I had a written history for that; or at least, apparently not on this forum.

You can term the pilots mermaids.

Or, you hire a dolphin.

1. I would suppose there are advanced variants of flight suits.

2. I think they were using motorized bath tubs in The Mote in God's Eye.

3. Wonder why they didn't use flight suits in The Expanse?

Expanse books had drugs and suits that integrated with the acceleration couches, IIRC.
Which may have connected with receptacles in the suits. Not that that's what we're talking about in the new CSC; strictly speaking Expanse here.

Which may have connected with receptacles in the suits. Not that that's what we're talking about in the new CSC; strictly speaking Expanse here.
I keep forgetting to hit the post reply. Was answering Condottiere about the use in Expanse, and agreed on your take of their suits.

Floating is water will not prevent g-loc, your blood will still pool due to centripetal acceleration - think what happens to particles suspended in a liquid in a centrifuge.

1 - have a g-couch that can alter its orientation as you maneuver so you are always lying down, even tilted head down a little will help
2 - a g-suit that inflates to push blood from your extremities to your brain
3 - fitness and technique
4 - a mechanical shunt that pushes blood around your body - high TL
5 - zip up is a cold berth and download your personality and memories to a wafer and have a computer run you as a simulation.

mmmm
A G suit and a new drug are being introduced in the CSC update to address g-LOC.
Cool that at least proves we are not blind since we could not find any way to combat it in the current one, Any thoughts on the bonuses I was planning to propose until then to my group just trying to get a second opinion on the ideas presented so I do not make G-loc trivial but also that it gives some advantage

Pilot and Flyer skills are listed as usable skills. I'd also be inclined to include Athletics depending on the situation. The Core book gives an example of "Performing a Complicated Task in High Gravity" in the Strength specialty.

Pilot and Flyer skills are listed as usable skills. I'd also be inclined to include Athletics depending on the situation. The Core book gives an example of "Performing a Complicated Task in High Gravity" in the Strength specialty.
mmm though I would put that as a skill to use for if/when you need to act in a ship that under thrust but you are not the pilot, then again giving the pilot a bonus for being "fit" does feel right

Commercially speaking, there are some fringe cases where you need to address excessive uncompensated acceleration.

I tend to think it's mostly factors sub/one, two (mostly legacy), and three, which seems to be about as fast as they tend to go.

As far as I can tell, humans are pretty comfortable between seventy to one hundred forty percent Terran norm, which if drives can accelerate additionally, uncompensated, probably wouldn't matter in terms of providing the passengers with additional (counter)measures.

Temporarily, and by that I mean rocket orbital acceleration, which I think is three plus one gravities, increasingly concerning after the first six minutes.

Back