Force Orginzation of the Mobile Infantry

I was wondering if anybody had any info on how the MI are set up in their force org? I read something a long while ago about an S&P that would discuss it, so if anybody has specifices that would be fantastic.

Thanks

militaryfanatik said:
I was wondering if anybody had any info on how the MI are set up in their force org? I read something a long while ago about an S&P that would discuss it, so if anybody has specifices that would be fantastic.

Thanks

Page 72 of the main rulebook states that there are 32 armies and over 4 million troopers. The new rules may revisit to TO&E, so you might be best to wait if you're going to do some expansive paperwork "fun". :D

The game remains semi-ambiguous and forces selection of assets by type. In a true military structure is good, but in a mini game it makes for cookie cutter forces and redundency.

Well i dont plan on using the cookie cutter when playing games unless they are very large. I was just wondering for unit insignia and banners and what not.

Got ya. There is a limited amount of info on that in the MI army book, Pathfinders and Klendathu Campaign books.

Maybe I can expound a little...

Before "Big K", the Federation military had twenty-one Mobile Infantry divisions...what we now know as "Cap" divisions:

capdivisions.jpg

These are the classic power suit troopers. During the build-up to Big K, of course, the Mobile Infantry swelled with the addition of the "Invasion Companies" of the LAMI divisions.

Pre- Big K "Cap" divisions were triangular in organization (3 regiments, plus support), and were actually not true divisions in size: they were actually more akin to brigades.

If you want more detail, or want to see the specific Pre- and Post- "Big K" TO&E's, you're just gonna have to wait (I'm working on an in-depth profile of the 5th MI Div. for S&P).

Regards.

Well, according to page 184 of the D20 rpg main rulebook for SST...

The Mi counted 4,855,122 soldiers at the time of the pluto campaign,
headed by the "sky marshal in chief" and his 5 advisory generals, organised in 28 armies.

Each army is headed by a skymarshal.

4 divisions form an army, each division is headed by a General, and is called Corps if it includes fleet assets.

4 Brigades, headed by Colonels, form a Division

4 Regiments, headed by Lieutnant Colonels, form a Brigade

4 Battailons, headed by Majors, form a Regiment

4 Companies, headed by Captain, form a Battailon

4 Platoons, headed by a Lieutnant and a Sergeant Major each, form a Company

4 Squads, each 10 men big, lead by a Sergeant and a Corporal each, form a Platoon.

10 man big squads or LAMI? If power suit the only option is for 8 minaitures in the miniature game, well at the moment

Back