Mongoose
WelshMIsquad03.jpg

WelshMIsquad02.jpg

WelshMIsquad01.jpg

WelshMIfemale01.jpg

WelshMIfemale02.jpg

WelshMIdetails02.jpg

WelshMIdetails01.jpg

Yes, I do plan on touching up the female ones backpack, constructive critiscsm would be greatly apprieciated.

Theres more, I dunno how to edit :p
MIconversion01.jpg

MIconversion02.jpg

MIconversion03.jpg

MIskinnie01.jpg

MIskinnie02.jpg

My army has 1 comms unit, and every unit is lead by a standard bearer. The army's leader is in a Ape suit.
The army is also supported by numerous Skinnie advisors depending on the size of battle.

Heres a bit of fluff:

'r Cymraeg Chwmni had jyst 'n diriog acha Kledathu , 'r 'n flaen beth canfuan was addoed , ymhobman. Chopynnau were yn cropian ar 'r fynyddoedd. Aniyron , arweinydd chan 'r 2nd Cymraeg MI platoon bloeddiedig , ca 'u 'ch epaod! am 'r briga chan eiddo lais , i maes arllwysedig filoedd chan 'n dalgryf , bydew 'n hyfforddus filwyr , 'n barod achos brwydra. 'r chopynnau ewyllysia edifara hwy bob amser brofedig at rhuthra Cymraeg ddyn!

emperorpenguin said:
Nice work there Rob!
Of course they sing "Men of Harlech" going into battle I presume? ;-)

and say "Whose gun is this rifle?" :p

Its cos we speak funny like :evil: :p

Nah, they sing listen to bullet for my valentine over megaphones :p

I dunno what they do. :roll:

Rob_alderman said:
Heres a bit of fluff:

'r Cymraeg Chwmni had jyst 'n diriog acha Kledathu , 'r 'n flaen beth canfuan was addoed , ymhobman. Chopynnau were yn cropian ar 'r fynyddoedd. Aniyron , arweinydd chan 'r 2nd Cymraeg MI platoon bloeddiedig , ca 'u 'ch epaod! am 'r briga chan eiddo lais , i maes arllwysedig filoedd chan 'n dalgryf , bydew 'n hyfforddus filwyr , 'n barod achos brwydra. 'r chopynnau ewyllysia edifara hwy bob amser brofedig at rhuthra Cymraeg ddyn!

ah come on I can only ask for the toilet and answer a phone in Welsh! :p

:D
You should learn the language of heaven for something other than knowing 'wheres the toilet' seeing as just about every welshman speaks english I barely know welsh (I use dictionaries), If someone speaks to me in it Im like, wha?

' group Welsh Company seed just ' heartburn landed astride Kledathu , ' group ' heartburn point thing they saw servant death , everywhere. Spiders were creeping signs ' group mountains. Aniyron , guide with ' group 2nd Welsh dread shouted , I have have gone ' dogs apes! about ' group I top with his voice , out poured thousands with ' heartburn sturdy , well ' heartburn trained soldiers , ' heartburn ready because I battle. ' group spiders I will I repent they always proved to I rush Welsh man!'

Which means:
The Welsh Company had just landed on Klendathu, the first thing they saw was death, everywhere. Arachnids were scuttering over the mountains. Anniyron, the commander of the second MI squad shouthed 'Get them you Apes!' at the top of his voice, and then out poured thousands of sturdy, well trained soldiers poured from the bellies of hundreds of landing boats. Those arachnids won't live to see the day they wished they didn't rush a Welshman!

Welsh is hard to translate... :p

emperorpenguin said:
Rob_alderman said:
Heres a bit of fluff:

Yeah thanks, I can barely speak understandable french, yet alone another languauge from england :p . I'm sticking to english and french, no more langauges for me cause then I'll begin to mix any "foreign" languages together. But I can read a little bit to get the idea, its something about klendathu, 2nd company, err MI platoon, bob and ! :p , go job on the troopers and, hmm where have I seen that flag? Perhaps in a dictionary somewhere lol

Way to go, Rob! Very original idea. I'm thinking of painting a squad bright red and calling them the Ganymede Expeditionary Force.

rico's roughnecks said:
emperorpenguin said:
Rob_alderman said:
Heres a bit of fluff:

Yeah thanks, I can barely speak understandable french, yet alone another languauge from england :p . I'm sticking to english and french, no more langauges for me cause then I'll begin to mix any "foreign" languages together. But I can read a little bit to get the idea, its something about klendathu, 2nd company, err MI platoon, bob and ! :p , go job on the troopers and, hmm where have I seen that flag? Perhaps in a dictionary somewhere lol

WALES ISNT PART OF ENGLAND :evil:
Its barely part of Britain!

The flag's Welsh :roll: I really, really hope you were joking :p...
I have T'Phai, I just like converting minis :p

Thanks all for the comments :)...

Rob_alderman said:
Yes, I do plan on touching up the female ones backpack, constructive critiscsm would be greatly apprieciated.

very , very cool 8) 8)
Had thought of doing something similar for my next batch (being a Rob and from North Wales) as I wanted a unit of Welsh Fusiliers / guard.

Was thinking of a red tunic look originally, with the or maybe Ich dien or Cymru am Byth on the flags / chest plate for the guards
then again could use the Prince of wales feathers

Also thinking of a Scots unit for my best mate who has done a load of painting for me recently

wow, nice to see another person on here proud of their Welsh heritage. I might sculpt my command squad like you have just suggested. If you can find photos or drawings of what you mean, I'd be very happy.

(All my family are from Cardiff or Bridgend, theres a few from Merthyr Tydfill), I'm a southerner 8) .

Rob_alderman said:
wow, nice to see another person on here proud of their Welsh heritage. I might sculpt my command squad like you have just suggested. If you can find photos or drawings of what you mean, I'd be very happy.

Wikipedia have some links and the regimental museums websites might help
if in doubt hit google and try images
remember you may need the other spelling of welsh i.e. welch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Regiment_of_Wales

(All my family are from Cardiff or Bridgend, theres a few from Merthyr Tydfill), I'm a southerner 8) .

Families as North as you can get, born and brought up just outside of Bangor, or on Angelsey.
Left in the 1989 to go to uni, pop back a few time a year to see friends and family though and still miss the mountains big time :(

Try not taking pics of your mini's on a white background; I really can't see any details (stupid digital camera technology). The flags look sweet though.

Back