First of the new Gorn

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The new Gorn models are starting to appear - you can find the new Dreadnought and Destroyer here;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/ctastarfleet/confederation-of-the-gorn.html

I dunno if it's the way the images have been "cut" for the white background, but looks like the rear hull angles upwards?!

Well I am excited to see the Gorn start to arrive but I shall reserve judgement till we see the wild side ships rather than the scale ones.

Any idea when these are gonna start to ship out. Ive already preordered a bunch and cant wait to start painting.

Captain Jonah said:
Well I am excited to see the Gorn start to arrive but I shall reserve judgement till we see the wild side ships rather than the scale ones.

Were ACTA ships not always suposed to be scale models.... :lol:

*gets coat and leaves*

msprange said:
The new Gorn models are starting to appear - you can find the new Dreadnought and Destroyer here;
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/ctastarfleet/confederation-of-the-gorn.html
Matt, a small issue...

Seems for me (at least) whenever you point out any preview/new product starting to appear and I follow the link...

Nothing I do gets the prices to show up in USD, just Brit Pounds instead.

I click on the little US flag then try to go to the link you gave
I log in then try going to the link you gave.
Every other page in the store I go to I can get in USD just not the links you post as an announcement.

I can put up a link to see if it works.
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/miniatures/ctastarfleet/confederation-of-the-gorn.html

Try clicking and seeing if it works. I am getting the dollar price for them, and its working for me allright.

GamerDude said:
Nothing I do gets the prices to show up in USD, just Brit Pounds instead.

I click on the little US flag then try to go to the link you gave
I log in then try going to the link you gave.
Every other page in the store I go to I can get in USD just not the links you post as an announcement.

Yeh. He links to the basic site which is in UK's. You would need to go to gorn page manually after clicking the US flag to see the dollar prices.

Since I don't know how their site is developed not sure how easy it is to fix it but should be doable that changing to dollars/pounds/whatever redirects to page you are rather than just the front page. Maybe Matt could pass this feature suggestion to the tech guys :D

Hmmmm... I like the idea of extra surface details on the originally rather plain Gorn ships. Not sure if I like the "scales" look or not, though. :?

Defeinetly nice sculpting jobs, in any case! :D

Captain Jonah said:
Anyone see where he went.
He is going to get beaten to death with an extra large tribble for that one !

I expected trouble for the comment, but not trouble with tribbles.

Time for a bit of fun...

Inspired by a certain incident involving a Federation captain, the Gorns decided to acquire a Romulan cloak in a similar manner. Exactly how the Gorn captain "persuaded" the Romulan captain to part with the device is not clear - the junior translator working on the intercepted file is certain that lunch was involved but is uncertain whether the phrase is "candle-lit" or "flame-grilled", and exactly what or who was eaten is also unclear. In any case, this image has been obtained showing the experimental cloaked Gorn ship, now assigned the Federation code-name Dyathinkhesaurus.

:lol:

Unfortunately a side effect of the cloak is that it drives the Tribbles mad and they commit tribblecide leaving the Gorn crew to survive on pre packed military rations.

No Gorn crew has survived more than a few weeks of such harsh duty as even the disciplined ranks of the Gorn fleet are not prepared to put up with eating military emergency rations for any length of time. Federation offices serving on such a ship have been known to report a number of the crew following then round with bottles of some thing that smells a lot like BBQ sauce :wink:

Captain Jonah said:
:lol:

Unfortunately a side effect of the cloak is that it drives the Tribbles mad and they commit tribblecide leaving the Gorn crew to survive on pre packed military rations.

Mad tribbles, you want avoid that - tribble dribble is a devil to get off fabrics - cloaks, shirts, trousers you name it.

I'm still not sure which of the miniatures I want, I mean the scaley ones are very pretty but for me the Gorn always felt like the 'functional brick' design, so yes the scaley ones are prettier, but the simple ones say 'Gorn' to me as opposed to the 'Gorn Mad' of the scales...

Could just think of the scales as a sculpted representation of something that is painted onto the ship. But I do think functionality when I think gorn too.

Back