first game

good army theme in ambushers

  • yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its alright

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

magus

Mongoose
i played my first game today and used skinnies demolished my opponent (mi) by using ambush to kill him so i have decided to collect skinnies and go with a warchief for a mass ambush, so i was wondering if any one could give me some tips or pointers for using skinnies to their full extent.
from what ive played of the game cover is important so my plan is going to be to spring on my opponent from behind cover shooting him while he's out of cover so i will get the first shots and a large advantage with cover, and then if i am retialiated against i have cover and in some cases response so thats the main strategy for my army but then again i have only played a few games, so i was hoping some one could help me out with some tips for skinnies.

Thanks in advance.
 
Your poll makes no sense, ergo I did not reply.

As for Skinnies and ambush: arm the Raiders with a mix of boneshard pistols and lt. nerve beams. When they spring...it's an object of beauty. :twisted:
 

magus

Mongoose
the poll is frased wrong its ment to mean do you think ambushers would be a good theme to build an army around
 
ScipioAmericanus said:
Your poll makes no sense, ergo I did not reply.

As for Skinnies and ambush: arm the Raiders with a mix of boneshard pistols and lt. nerve beams. When they spring...it's an object of beauty. :twisted:

They work for me. :D

BTW the entire Ambushing Army (I have a T'Phai Army remember) can backfire.

I Ambushed, and failed to do any major Damage to the MI (and yes, I had a prolification of Boneshard Pistols and Light Neural Beamers - but pretty much rolled all 1's) and ended up a little too close for comfort.

Suffice to say, I LOST Lol!
:shock:
 

magus

Mongoose
I am blessed as regards rolling dice, i sprung out on arachnids it backfired there were three left i had four shots 5 plus, hit with all, my opponent made one armour save. its so fun to see one unit just drop when you ambush and target it. He had three more units of six i killed him on reactions as he tried to charge.
 
magus said:
I am blessed as regards rolling dice, i sprung out on arachnids it backfired there were three left i had four shots 5 plus, hit with all, my opponent made one armour save. its so fun to see one unit just drop when you ambush and target it. He had three more units of six i killed him on reactions as he tried to charge.

The one Game played with T'Phai was hysterical.

Scared the living Poop out of Phil LoL!
 

Sgt. Brassones

Mongoose
OK, so how would you play this against an MI army heavy on airpower or Bugs with lots of tunneling assets, especially if their objective was to reach your deployment area?
 
Sgt. Brassones said:
OK, so how would you play this against an MI army heavy on airpower or Bugs with lots of tunneling assets, especially if their objective was to reach your deployment area?


With regards to the Bugs, take Multiple small units of Venerables. Then use their AWESOME firepower to 'burst' the Tunneling Markers so they 'exit' as far away from your deployment area as possible (and doing some damage to them in the process hopefully).

The Air Assets are more difficult for Skinnies. For a start they make your Ambush tactics pointless Lol (as do lots of tunneling assets).

BUT - Dual Lasers, Heavy Lasers, & Light Rocket Launchers all have AA Capability. Take the Sharpshooter & Crackshot traits to increase your chances of Damagin the Target.

So take Heavy Speeders with the Heavy Laser weapons upgrade (when they come out), Venerables, & Venerable Marauders (again when they come out).

Those are my thoughts, of course that won't help me with my crappy dice rolling!
 

Sgt. Brassones

Mongoose
I think you read my post wrong LT. I meant how would you fight those armies with an all ambushing force led by a Warchief like Magus suggested.
 
Top