First Aid

allanimal

Mongoose
Clarification needed!

P.78 States "First aid must be applied within one minute of the injury."

The skills section states that first aid is a task requiring 1d minutes to complete. P.67

Does the first aid need to commence within one minute of the injury or must complete?

This will have major implications in the effectiveness of first aid...

Must be started within one minute maybe? What if they are trapped under something heavy, which may take an hour to get off of them? Is that when the minute starts? Or is that minute way gone by then?

Rather than saying "within a minute" it should say "immediately" or "promptly". That way the referee has some leeway.

I recently ran into this with radiation. The pills are supposed to be administered within ten minutes. But the radiation took 7 hours to start having a real effect on the PCs. So ten minutes from the first time they noticed their fingernails were glowing? Or ten minutes from the first rad or two?

grauenwolf said:
I recently ran into this with radiation. The pills are supposed to be administered within ten minutes. But the radiation took 7 hours to start having a real effect on the PCs. So ten minutes from the first time they noticed their fingernails were glowing? Or ten minutes from the first rad or two?

It is from the exposure. So yes, could be a problem for players!

As for first aid, setting this to initiate within one minute.

This seems like a drastic change from MGT1. Originally First Aid was 2x Effect within 5 minutes and 1x Effect for up to an hour with a DM-2.

Changing First Aid to 1x Effect within 1 minute is a bit much for a game as deadly as Traveller.

I think, in my group, it could lead to some roll fudging just so the PCs weren't dying all the time, or more likely a house rule with the MGT1 version.

Back