First Aid 2022 Rule book also problem with cover during fight

AdamWillow

Banded Mongoose
Last time you helped me a lot, so here I am again seeking for your wisdom.

First aid requires at least basic medical equipment (such as a medikit), must be initiated within one minute of the injury and can only be successfully applied once.

First case:
Traveller was hit for 7. His END is 10, so his END is 3 right now. He receives First aid and it is ok, heals 2 pts and he has 5/10 END right now. Fight ends and around the corner there is another enemy. Another fight starts. Traveller is hit for 3, our medic runs to him and gives him first aid. He rolls and can heal 5 pts. Will he heal 5 to 7/10? Or only 3 to 5/10 END because it is starting level of this ability for this fight? Or am I missing something?

Second case:
Traveller was hit for 7. His END is 10, so his END is 3 right now. He receives First Aid during the fight (it goes very well and it fast - 1 round) and heals to full 10/10. He is hit again. Can he receive first aid again?

My player (love to bend the rules) gave me this scenario:
He has high initiative, starts fight behind cover. He decides not to attack before his opponents. Opponents shoot (or do anything) than he uses minor action to stand up, than another 2 minor actions to aim. Next combat round starts. He acts first. He shoots, he uses minor action to go prone.
What happens?
Is his opponent gets DM-2?
Does he receive protection from cover? (additional armour)
Can he be a target?

Last edited:
My understanding is this:
Case 1: 5/10, both because first aid already went to the old wound and the time has elapsed, even if he hadn't received first aid on the old wound.

Case 2: Yes.

First case: Treating the second wound can only heal the damage caused by that attack, so maximum 3 damage. Anything more would violate the "(First aid) can only be successfully applied once" rule.

Second case: The new damage can indeed be treated since it is a different wound. In my opinion, a Traveller suffering multiple wounds could have them all treated by first aid applied later so long as treatment for each wound was initiated less than one minute after that wound was inflicted.

This is one reason why hit tables would be a good thing. Both scenarios assume that the second time the character is hit would be in the same location, which isn't impossible but it is improbable. First Aid could be applied to different wounds in different locations.

My player (love to bend the rules) gave me this scenario:

He has high initiative, starts fight behind cover. He decides not to attack before his opponents. Opponents shoot (or do anything) than he uses minor action to stand up, than another 2 minor actions to aim. Next combat round starts. He acts first. He shoots, he uses minor action to go prone.

What happens?
Is his opponent gets DM-2?
Does he receive protection from cover? (additional armour)
Can he be a target?

His opponent whips out a grenade, which he won't be able to dodge because his movement is quartered due to being prone, and lobs it in his direction for being a munchy meta-player.

If there is cover to dive behind, they get a -2 to hit. If not, they get a -1 to hit.
Added armor for cover applies while hiding behind cover.
However the character has just wasted his high initiative on the following round. Note that the rule for diving for cover says that the character will "forgo their next actions completely." The rule does not specify which round that applies to. This indicates that if you allow the character to have ONE minor action in the next round, you are being too kind.
Note also that using a minor action to go prone, instead of diving behind cover, does not specify foregoing their next actions. The grenade would still work as above, though...

Back