Fillable 2-page Traveller Character sheets

GamerDude

Cosmic Mongoose
I've been going through some of my projects and - don't remember if I had posted that v1.55 of my MGT Character Sheets were available for download.

This character sheet is a complete 2-page format to allow entering more information than ever before. Like previous editions of this char sheet, this one is available as a MS-Word docx, a PDF (for print only) and a PDF (fillable).

I can't verify if the fillable formats can save the information when you use Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or 10 (I use Pro to do the work) but I know there are many other quality PDF readers which *WILL* let you save the form with the data. One is from Nuance software (http://www.nuance.com/) both free and pay versions.

I've uploaded one made for Mongoose Traveller, and another for Chthonian Stars (in their respective directories)

Enjoy, and as always feedback is welcome!

There are also loads of character sheets, ship design sheets, sub-sector/world design sheets and other things in the File Library section of Citizens of the Imperium website many relevant to Mongoose Traveller:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Gamerdude: Are your game aids available anywhere other than yahoo-groups? I kinda got sick of that site ages ago...

Yes I'm tired of the yahoo site as well, I cannot log in there or make a new account to log in there. So I have no access to any yahoo groups which I do miss.

Jacqual said:
Yes I'm tired of the yahoo site as well, I cannot log in there or make a new account to log in there. So I have no access to any yahoo groups which I do miss.

God does anyone actually bother with Yahoo? - I've never used it. Ever. Visited it a couple of times early on in my internet usage and never since - looked rubbish.

I hate to say it but unless someone joined the group, did a raid on the files area, and uploaded them somewhere else... Then no.

As for why Yahoo, not CotI (I'm a member there from before T20 was released), or elsewhere:

I was in the open playtest, and bought Traveller right away. It didn't take long before people were asking in the forums how could they upload attachments - and the answer was they couldn't. Having been on e-lists since the late '90s I knew (at the time) Yahoo was the easiest to set up and manage.

Also, in encouraging members of this form to run over to CotI to post things would be counter productive. It would be like I was trying to take "customers" from here and send them to CotI.

The list has been a great place of neutrality for discussion, a warehouse for anyone who wanted to share their work could simply upload it no hassles. I have nothing against or complaint with how any of the forums which support Traveller (and am grateful they exist) but the list has over the past three years has provided a place for people to share their work, with feedback so it can be improved, with no one saying it is the "right or wrong" way. Yes, that happens a plenty in every forum. (yes, there have been *plenty* of complaints about Coti, some about these forums, and about half-a-dozen others I frequent. No one forum can make everyone happy).

Anyone who put stuff up into the Yahoo! Group's files area is of course welcome to put it elsewhere, it's theirs not the groups or mine. The Yahoo! Group is just one place, a very neutral place.

I hope this answers the questions - I have total respect for these forums, CotI, all forums but the group still fills the need the best.

Treebore said:
If I set this up right, anyone should be able to get this via my Google.docs: ...
I was able to get in, once I registered for a gmail/Google account. It's also the base unfillible form, we have a very nicely done fillable version of that very form on MGT-Aids.

While I am not sure why, after three highly successful years there's this sudden tiny swell of negativity towards the group on yahoo, and hosting the files there - I do welcome and encourage anyone who is wishing to help support the Mongoose Traveller community.

GamerDude: Nah... my dislike of Yahoo goes back over 8 to 10 years... I think it was partly the being swamped by mail that I wasn't interested in that did it - I just prefer the forums format.

No worries... when I can get around to it, I'll get my own done. :)

Something I have offered before: PM me with your email address and what you want - I'll email you everything you want from the group.

You can send them to my gmail.com account, which is treeboretherubylord, and I'll transfer them to Google docs from there.

Surprised you had to sign in to check out the one doc I put up, I selected the option that was supposed to make that unnecessary.

Thanks Gamerdude, Treebore...

I got it off the googledocs site, Treebore, so thanks for that.

If anyone else has problems saving PDFs, I've just installed Foxit PDF reader... I've already confirmed that it saves the PDF perfectly, so no more problems with Acrobat Reader - I've had problems in the past with it not saving data in PDF files - and that was a government form, so it was high time I swapped.

In addition to sending people what they want from the group, I can also direct invite them.

My wife and I were talking and since there is such hatred of Yahoo (and an urge to run out and duplicate instead of work with) I'm pricing out web hosting (on my own dime) so I can get away from Yahoo. Actually this idea will allow me to really expand what this is all about.

I've received a few "hypothetical/potential" offers for hosting the MGT-Aids files and possible the elist eventually.

I'm also looking at adding everything to my blog, it will cost me but hey.

Additionally I am still looking at just getting my own site with ability to host elists as well as files, allow people to upload their files.

A big part of all this is having the ability to expand which games are supported to provide the greatest level of support to the gaming community.

Ideas, offers, web-programming abilities all welcome.

Back