Federation Lexington-class Command Cruiser now on Sale!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
With the advent of a new promotional ship next week (no hints until then!), the Lexington-class Command Cruiser of the Federation (the CC upgrade to the Constitution-class Heavy Cruiser) is now on general sale.

You can scoop one of these enhanced ships up at;

US: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/miniatures/ctastarfleet/federation/lexington-class-command-cruiser.html
UK: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/ctastarfleet/federation/lexington-class-command-cruiser.html

If we preordered over 300 dollars worth of Zinti and gorn will we get the new promotional ship when it comes out.

archon96 said:
If we preordered over 300 dollars worth of Zinti and gorn will we get the new promotional ship when it comes out.

If anybody pre-orders $300+ of anything, I would happily throw a promo/pre-release ship or two in!

with the way the exchange rate is going, $300 will only be about a tenner in good old sterling before long

msprange said:
archon96 said:

If anybody pre-orders $300+ of anything, I would happily throw a promo/pre-release ship or two in!

I'd be pleased to get in on that in as much as I have a Kzinti Fleet Box, a Gorn Fleet Box and the Roumlan Reinforcement Box#12 along with the Klingon+Orion reinforcements all ordered, paid and pending. :D

I have to say I am a little disappointed to hear this.

Like many others I am a sucker for anything special or limited edition as my pile of GW limited edition books and models will show.

I was quite excited by the thought of being rewarded for being the first in with ACTA SF and getting a special command cruiser with my pre order.

Now I know it was not specifically stated that it would only ever be a special promotional product but this would seem to imply that:

msprange said:
We are very happy to report that the first wave of the all new Star Fleet ships (Federation, Klingon and Romulan) is now up on our web site and available for pre-order. We are looking to start shipping pre-orders after the first week of December.

However, if you pre-order more than £100 or $150, we will also send you, completely free, a special Federation Command Cruiser model. We are not looking to put this one on general release, so it is ideal if you are looking for that something special to make your fleet stand out!

You can see the entire range at;

UK Site: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/ctastarfleet.html
US Site: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/miniatures/ctastarfleet.html
But now the special command cruiser is not special anymore, you can just buy it.

I know it was free and it is a nice model that I would have paid money for but to call it a special model and then just make it another general model seems a bit off. If the plan is to have a free promotional model that will eventually be on general sale I am fine with that if that is what is said.

I suppose I just feel a bit miffed that my model anit that special any more. :cry:

I suppose I will just wait 6 months for the next ‘special’ model to be put on general sale and buy it then.

Geoff

In this case, it seems that the "special" part comes not from getting the ship instead of everyone else, but rather, getting it before everyone else. In essence, you have a "free" preview of what the rest of us would have to wait (and pay separately) for.

(Also, ADB have the CC listed separately, too.)

Alas no, I am of a master race, not one of the conquered... well if you ignore the Romans... and the Saxons....and the Vikings ... and the French...

But really, what did the Romans ever do for us? I mean apart from the roads.... and the aqueducts..

H said:
Alas no, I am of a master race, not one of the conquered... well if you ignore the Romans... and the Saxons....and the Vikings ... and the French...

But really, what did the Romans ever do for us? I mean apart from the roads.... and the aqueducts..

Ah the Romans, those guys who had to give up the world conquering game when they reached us. 8)

McKickaha said:
H said:

Ah the Romans, those guys who had to give up the world conquering game when they reached us. 8)

I thought it was the Germans that stopped the Roman world conquest, or was it the Persians. :wink:

The Romans got to the north of England, took a good look at the land of the Barbarians further to the north and decided it was such a nasty place they built a wall so they didn't have to look at it anymore :p :wink:

Captain Jonah said:
McKickaha said:
H said:

I thought it was the Germans that stopped the Roman world conquest, or was it the Persians. :wink:

The Romans got to the north of England, took a good look at the land of the Barbarians further to the north and decided it was such a nasty place they built a wall so they didn't have to look at it anymore :p :wink:

We have a name for that here...wimps.

Could it be that said Romans said why bother, all they have up there in those mountains is sheep and a bunch of cranky people? :lol:

Captain Jonah said:
McKickaha said:
H said:

The Romans did invade Scotland, and it turned out like Afghanistan, with a bunch of shifty tribes spending all their times chewing on supply lines and a long and bloody occupation that was more about the politics of conquering a new province rather than Scotland actually adding anything to the empire that they couldn't have just got through trade.

On a serious note, I never got my one of these, can I just pick it up tomorrow?

billclo said:
Could it be that said Romans said why bother, all they have up there in those mountains is sheep and a bunch of cranky people? :lol:

Any people that gave the world Irn Bru, Haggis and the poet McGonagle probably need to be given a wide berth.

McKinstry said:
billclo said:

Any people that gave the world Irn Bru, Haggis and the poet McGonagle probably need to be given a wide berth.
Scotch Whiskey gains them forgivness for everything else! 8)

Back