feats Q

Belkregos

Mongoose
a couple of questions in regards to specific feats, just want to see what other folks are doing

Point Blank Shot: would the +1/+1 apply to throw weapons as well

Quick draw: would it be a free action to sheeth a weapon as well

thanks

Point Blank Shot: would the +1/+1 apply to throw weapons as well
Yes

Quick draw: would it be a free action to sheeth a weapon as well
No, Move EQ

Point blank shot - definitely.

Quick draw - As a house rule, I'd say yes, *but* say that you can only use a free action to draw OR sheath, not to sheath one weapon and draw another and still get a full attack.

So you would be able to use a free action to sheathe, draw another weapon as a move action, and then make an attack action.

cool
one more thing

quick draw: would a character (with a BAB lower than 6) with quick draw and two weapon fighting be able to make 2 trow attacks in a round
i.e. would a 3rd level soldier with quick draw (and two weapon fighting) be able to throw 2 daggers in one round?

thanks

IMO:

Yes, if he had both hands free, the weapons are in easy reach, and he took no other action that prevented him from making a full attack in that round.

So, he could drop a weapon, move 5 feet, draw two daggers and throw them.

But he could not throw them both if he moved more than 5 feet, nor could he throw them both if he had performed some other Move Equivalent action like sheathing a weapon.

If a character has the two-weapon fighting feat, then he can draw two weapons as a free action with quick draw.

So in order for someone to draw two weapons and throw them both, in the same round, he would need to have quick draw, rapid shot, two weapon fighting, and I think point blank shot (the pre req to rapid shot).

The two weapon fighting shouldn't be a big deal as most of the martial oriented classes have it as a starting proficiency.

Back