Feat bonus loss and DEX bonus loss?

slaughterj

Mongoose
I get the impression that whenever you lose your DEX bonus, that you also loss any feat bonus to DV - is that true, and where is this rule?

Presumably this includes the DV bonus from the Dodge and Parry feats, as well as Combat Expertise? Are there any other feats which provide such a bonus?

slaughterj said:
I get the impression that whenever you lose your DEX bonus, that you also loss any feat bonus to DV - is that true, and where is this rule?

Presumably this includes the DV bonus from the Dodge and Parry feats, as well as Combat Expertise? Are there any other feats which provide such a bonus?

That is probably about it. If you use feats from other sources, or your own, however, there may be additional feats which provide defense bonuses.

slaughterj said:
Let what rest? Trying to figure out how to play the game? Gee, that wouldn't be helpful :roll:

I think my esteemed canine cousin is trying to say this point has already been debated at length in the various feinting/sneak attacks threads. Basically, we're down to interpretations in this case, but for the record my answer is yes, with the possible exception of Expertise.

Please don't mind my lupine relative's words. Wolves, like all the artistically gifted, are an emotive and passionnate species. Sometimes, their youthful and petulant temperament just can't be reigned in. We hyenas are more mild-mannered observers of the world's comedy with a dashing sense of humor...

Hyena said:
slaughterj said:
Let what rest? Trying to figure out how to play the game? Gee, that wouldn't be helpful :roll:

I think my esteemed canine cousin is trying to say this point has already been debated at length in the various feinting/sneak attacks threads. Basically, we're down to interpretations in this case, but for the record my answer is yes, with the possible exception of Expertise.

The thing is:
1. I don't see in the book where feats are *always* lost when DEX bonus is, nor
2. has it been made clear that Combat Expertise is lost as with the others

Thus, the reason for my questions, they seem reasonable enough, plus direct so I don't have to dig through lots of threads for scraps of info that might be wrong because they aren't directly addressing this and so might refer to it loosely.

slaughterj said:
The thing is:

Thus, the reason for my questions, they seem reasonable enough, plus direct so I don't have to dig through lots of threads for scraps of info that might be wrong because they aren't directly addressing this and so might refer to it loosely.

The sad truth is these points have ...err...hem... not been developped enough in the rulebook. So, you won't find an official answer to your questions here or in the book. Besides, rules governing the loss of bonuses to defense have many ramifications, so there's no way to give you a simple answer. I can only suggest you to look for the word 'Impaired' in this section or in the rulesmasters section. It will help you find Argo's home rules or mine. For what they are, they may help you to elaborate your own answers.

Hyena said:
slaughterj said:
The thing is:

The sad truth is these points have ...err...hem... not been developped enough in the rulebook. So, you won't find an official answer to your questions here or in the book. Besides, rules governing the loss of bonuses to defense have many ramifications, so there's no way to give you a simple answer. I can only suggest you to look for the word 'Impaired' in this section or in the rulesmasters section. It will help you find Argo's home rules or mine. For what they are, they may help you to elaborate your own answers.

Yeah, the discussions in the thread I started are pretty useful.

Hyena said:

Please don't mind my lupine relative's words. Wolves, like all the artistically gifted, are an emotive and passionnate species. Sometimes, their youthful and petulant temperament just can't be reigned in. We hyenas are more mild-mannered observers of the world's comedy with a dashing sense of humor...

Always the diplomat... where's the fun in that? :twisted:

/wolf

ps. And if you think I'm young you should see my daughter... :lol:

GhostWolf69 said:
Always the diplomat... where's the fun in that? :twisted:

Hey, they gotta trust you before you can sneak attack them.

GhostWolf69 said:
ps. And if you think I'm young you should see my daughter... :lol:

*smiles innocently*

Is that a proposition ?

*run to to the hills*

Hyena said:
Hey, what do I know about this dipla... doplimo... thing ? I'm French !

Hehehe, if memory serves the guy who won the World Championship in Diplomacy (the board game from Avalon Hill) just three years back, was acctually French... go figure...

/wolf

GhostWolf69 said:
Hehehe, if memory serves the guy who won the World Championship in Diplomacy (the board game from Avalon Hill) just three years back, was acctually French... go figure...

/wolf

To be fair, Diplomacy is more about backstabbing, treason and finding new and creative ways to ass-rape your opponents than caring about the feelings of your entourage. So, I don't know if this is much of a surprise.

*anguished look*
What do you mean 'Real-life diplomacy is about that too' ?! :shock:

Hyena said:
What do you mean 'Real-life diplomacy is about that too' ?! :shock:

DING-DING-DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! :lol:

/wolf

ps. You're right though. The winner of the game is the most devious bastard of the all.

Back