Favourite (possibly unrealistic) setting to convert?

Matt Wagner's Grendel, after the rise of Orion and the Grendels are, well, Grendels.

And Space, Above and Beyond would be great. A single setting book is all that would be required.

Poul Anderson's Technic Civilization series.
Several of Heinlein's juveniles.
The Qeng Ho from Vernor Vinge's A Deepness in the Sky.
Give me time, I'm sure I can think of several others.

Woas - isn't everything rated? ;¬) Besides, I am nothing if not prone to discussing anything that interests me at all.

Anyway, to answer you; because I think it is better suited to the feel of Cowboy BeBop, as for Fallout, micro-nukes only seem to have turned up in the most recent version (and I think them daft, but hey!), powersuit armour is not so silly and it's a staple of even the OTU (what do you imagine 'BattleDress' is?).

Howdy gang, first post!

I'd like to propose a Asimov sourcebook on how to incorporate various elements of his science fiction into a campaign. A bit of Foundation, a bit of Asimov robots, and particularly a discussion of the Issac's Universe series detailing diplomatic and mystery adventures between intelligent alien races. I am particularly enamored with the Issac's Universe because most of the aliens in those books really feel like aliens rather than people in funny costumes or 'space fantasy races'.

most unrealistic to even think about trying to convert...

...old AD&D setting, perhaps some of you heard of it?

SPELLJAMMER

mayhaps, psi based instead of magic?

Belter Dwarves in combat armor :roll:

grymlocke said:

SPELLJAMMER

Well, there are psionic powered helms in Spelljammer.

AndrewW said:
grymlocke said:

SPELLJAMMER

yes but they where never "common"...

I imagine traveller/spelljammer would end up like the movie 'Treasure Planet'.... a movie I actually enjoyed by the way, despite my misgivings.

AndrewW said:
grymlocke said:

SPELLJAMMER

no comments about Belter Dwarves in Combat Armor? :)

More settings would be good, the merger with Rebellion possibly giving access to a few more licenses (like Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper).

Does this work the other way around I wonder? If so, what I really want to know is ....
When does Rebellion release Paranoia, the computer game?

vern-verse? (the universe of jules vern)..hmmm, 'Juliverse'?

set iin early industrial ofcouse.

Burroughs(ian) universe, set in the unverse of edgar rice burroughs (Carter, Carson, Tarzan...) anyone up for a trip to mars? :wink:

There's some "Steampunk" and "Jules Verne" style sourcebooks for GURPS, actually... I just recently acquired a lot of GURPS stuff, including some of the Transhuman Space stuff I wanted and brand new hardcopies of 4E, as it happens.

Go on, Mongoose, get the Mass Effect license.... ;)

They're giving Green Ronin the Dragon Age one...

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/979/979761p1.html

Or does the link up with Rebellion make that moot?

Back