Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire King

• Other

• Total voters

Guy_LeDouche

Mongoose
I don't know about others, but I find myself a bit of a "Trait Whore". I love taking traits for models. :D

Aside from adding some flavor to the army list, my bacon has been saved quite a few times by a well-used trait (a HUGE "thank you" to whoever created "Sniper" and "Jumpball Player"!)

Along with the aforementioned, I'm especially fond of "Heroic Surge", "Stay Frosty" and "Armorer". I haven't played with Skinnies yet, but I like the idea of the "Crack Shot", "Gladiator Champ" and "Sharpshooter".

I was curious what traits other players were fond of.

Guy_LeDouche said:
I don't know about others, but I find myself a bit of a "Trait Whore". I love taking traits for models. :D

Aside from adding some flavor to the army list, my bacon has been saved quite a few times by a well-used trait (a HUGE "thank you" to whoever created "Sniper" and "Jumpball Player"!)

Along with the aforementioned, I'm especially fond of "Heroic Surge", "Stay Frosty" and "Armorer". I haven't played with Skinnies yet, but I like the idea of the "Crack Shot", "Gladiator Champ" and "Sharpshooter".

I was curious what traits other players were fond of.

Well... being a Skinnie player I'd have to say Harmonic shield, but Agile is a close second, so I guess I'll have to vote Jumpball player...

The shield is so nice, especially on venerables... Oh, you're firing moritas at me? 1/3 will hit, 9/20 will get through shield, only 1/3 will get through armor, so only 1 casualty per 20 shots.

Yikes, that's a scary breakdown! :shock:

Thus far, I've avoided getting the skinnies as an army. However, I have read a few posts where they sound unbelievebly lethal, even without any bells and whistles.

From the list? Armourer I suppose, nothing worse than getting jammed/emptied weapons when the bugs are pushing in droves into the reaction range... This will change with the EVO though - no reason to keep anybody for a second shot reaction.

However my all-time favourite is the sense presence-stay frosty combo, especially on the captain - sickeningly long reaction range, and then he activates every unit within 12" to react, whether they normally can or not :D

Unit of 4 skinnie venerable champs, give them sharpshooter and harmonic shields.
This gives the 6XD6 shots, with accurate. Each. :shock:

I consider myself a "trait-hore" too, I always max em out, though I will sometimes change my traits depending on what may be fighting. And well I like plasma munitions(if only I could find an apropriate bit to give to someone :lol: )

Rob_alderman said:
Unit of 4 skinnie venerable champs, give them sharpshooter and harmonic shields.
This gives the 6XD6 shots, with accurate. Each. :shock:

not to mention the 2D6+1 Multihit Accurate boneshard shots plus you get 1 reroll each from the targetters...

Wow... thats 24D6 acc AA shots at 20" and 8D6+1 Acc Multihit P/1 shots @ 24" with 4 re-rolls... It may cost 600pts, but... wow...

That's enough to kill... ANYTHING in one round of shooting.

:shock:

Oh my god! That is just a sick amount of firepower. When I first saw the stats for the Venerables, I couldn't believe the amount of damage they could do, especially the Boneshards and Rocket Launchers. Certifiable troop/Bug killers. You would have to dub a squad like that "The Fecalitors"; opposing players are going to crap themselves facing that onslaught.

I may have to rethink my original plan of not starting a Skinnie army..... :roll:

I'm not big on using traits(I prefer more troops and with that more GUNS :lol: ) but veteran troopper trait is nice. Cheap and has usefull purpose.

Wouldn't it be better to just use an action to create a retrieval point? This way they'll be able to move anyway without using that 10 pts/squad.
Just my opinion on the trait though.

Makoto said:
Wouldn't it be better to just use an action to create a retrieval point? This way they'll be able to move anyway without using that 10 pts/squad.
Just my opinion on the trait though.

It allows to use ANY action. Like fire those javelin launchers from the squad :D

That's where I generally place it. On javelin troopper in squad with pair of those. Don't want to have those sitting useless just because bugs killed command structure from that squad.

Touche. Then again it's from the command assets for non-officers/sergeants, so under PL3 it won't do much good - 1 vet/platoon at PL2 and noone at PL1.

Makoto said:
Touche. Then again it's from the command assets for non-officers/sergeants, so under PL3 it won't do much good - 1 vet/platoon at PL2 and noone at PL1.

Well. I used it in ropecon list and if I just could remember it it did good.

As I said. I'm not big on traits so I'm not going to spend lots of points there. Ergo in PL2(my main PL anyway) one trait is enough anyway(I only HAVE one squad with pair of javelins anyway and it's that squad I most definetly want to keep firing :p).

Another trait I like: Standard bearer. About month ago put BR here where you can see how usefull THAT was :D

But apart from that I generally use traits just to fill remaining points if I can't fit another model. Either due to platoon being quite maxed out already(cap platoon has 2 officers and 4 full sized squads, points just can't fit extra marauder and so on) or lack of models(hopefully this reason will vanish in the future :D).

Rob_alderman said:
Only 1 squad can take ambush in a game...

Its not that great a skill to be honest.

can't buy any riders here and I like to sneak up witj my 5 skinis venerabel unit and attack MI exosuits or use it to flame big bugs with a 5 man 4 neural beamer soldier unit (with that trait that stops reaction on the turn they come)

Exo LT (two six guns) with fireking joined a pathfinder squad with 3 shredders (and an armourer sergeant).
Dropped into th middle of the bug force, nailed the brain then simply sat their and opened up with reaction fire.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Bugs were on endless tide in the end I think they'd taken out 60 before the other player realised I had so many VPs he couldn't catch up.

And both of his tankers were at the other end of the board.

Back