• Jumpball Player

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire King

• Other

• Total voters
JoseDominguez said:
Exo LT (two six guns) with fireking joined a pathfinder squad with 3 shredders (and an armourer sergeant).
Dropped into th middle of the bug force, nailed the brain then simply sat their and opened up with reaction fire.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Bugs were on endless tide in the end I think they'd taken out 60 before the other player realised I had so many VPs he couldn't catch up.

And both of his tankers were at the other end of the board.

That's why bugs should include bit of shooting as well :D Some blasters and firefries and those would have had something to worry about.

Plasma bug as well. One hit from that and bye bye squad.

A squad of 5 fries would be enough, maybe another one just to be sure and mop up any survivors. Or any Tanker - with only sixguns to bite it this squad would be very hard-pressed to do anything.
Anyhow bugs could wipe floor with this squad using force well under the lts value, had they some foresight ;)

Definately need some shooting, at least 2 units. I normally take a unit of 5-10 Firefries (disposable death) and 3-5 Blaster/Blisters paired with a Burrower.

The Blasters have good range (18") and decent damage. Take them underground, move into position, emerge from a tunnel entrance (cover save!) and BAM! Flash fried MI, and decent chance of surviving reaction fire.

Of course, a "Rupture" on the Fire King would end all of it.

Makoto said:
A squad of 5 fries would be enough, maybe another one just to be sure and mop up any survivors. Or any Tanker - with only sixguns to bite it this squad would be very hard-pressed to do anything.
Anyhow bugs could wipe floor with this squad using force well under the lts value, had they some foresight ;)

But the point is, the tankers are all up at the other end of the board tunneling towards the MI lines and the pathfinders land within plasma minimum range. (if he holds a tanker back to defend against this, then they don't even need to land, they've already held a tanker back!, if tankers up the board turn around, same result).

As for shooty bugs.... there were none, easy to plan when it's already happened :), if their had been, the pathfinders had a turn to get them while the bugs recovered from the brain bugs death (you can't ready and jump with fries with one action). And rupture? Pretty tricky when it was the brain bug they dropped in on and shredded to bits.

Main feature of the tactic was that I only ever did it once, but I benifit from it in every game, every bug player in our group holds back units to stop me from doing it again. I probably won't so that's a lot of points wasted in bugs that do nothing :)
A lot of people are hung up on the point for point exchange way of thinking, but you don't need to destroy something to take it out of the game, fear of cap drops often makes players buy things they otherwise wouldn't need.

This is why I've written "had they some foresight" ^^
And "taking sth out of the game" doesn't neccesarily mean killing it, true enough forces held back "just in case" are as good as nonpresent for that part of the game :D

Back