Far Trader Issue #1 - the new Traveller Comic!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Issue #1 of Far Trader, the new Traveller comic, is now available!

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/products/far-trader-issue-1-comic

Set in Traveller's Charted Space universe and written by Chris Griffen, Far Trader is the tale of a bold group of Travellers who take a job on the dangerous frontier of the Spinward Marches. They just want to make an honest Credit — without getting killed in the process!

Traveller - Far Trader Cover.jpg

It's not bad at capturing the typical Traveller free trader crew, and the game stats in the back are a welcome bonus :)

I noticed at least one homage to a classic illustration...

and is this the introduction of bounty hunters?

Now.
As to future issues.
I will be buying them on release.

Then I would like a collected slipcase edition please - with extra bonus game material :)

Last edited:
I enjoyed issue 1 and I'm looking forward to issue 2.

I will say that the text is kinda blurry and hard to read. The file is only 6Mb (from drivethru) so it might be an over-compression issue.

I will say that the text is kinda blurry and hard to read. The file is only 6Mb (from drivethru) so it might be an over-compression issue.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. It seems over-compressed, which makes it blurry. Hopefully this can be fixed soon (to make it crisp and clear).

Other than that, stellar work!

I ordered the physical copy from Amazon in the US. It was supposed to be delivered today, but the delivery has been delayed with no date given.

I've got the DriveThru version and it is about 6 megs. There was no option for a high-res version there. Maybe someone at Mongoose could nudge the publishers to provide the high-res version on DriveThru as well. Would be grand to have this comic in a non-blurry form.

The comic is pretty good - I’m looking forward to getting the physical copy in the mail sometime. It is colourful and action-orientated, with a distinctly 'early Star Wars’ feel. Might be worth collating all four issues together for a bigger book when they are all done.

There's some in-joke subtlety here about Paya with Pop 2 having a class A starport that I found pretty funny, but yeah I like it.
Cancelled my Amazon order and ordered straight from Mongoose, which is probably stupid because instead of free Prime when the physical eventually shows, I pay $8 for shipping, but at least I got the high-res PDF.

Cancelled my Amazon order and ordered straight from Mongoose, which is probably stupid because instead of free Prime when the physical eventually shows, I pay $8 for shipping, but at least I got the high-res PDF.
Oh good, I'm not the only one.

Back