Falling

deejaay

Mongoose
When reading about Falling in the Encounters and Dangers chapter, damage is modified by the gravity factor. The text refers to page 145 for gravity effects on Travellers.

Page 145 is within the Spacecraft Operations and has no information about gravity effects on Travellers.

Coincidentally the 'High & Low Gravity Worlds' section in the World creation chapter refers to the same page 145 for gravity effects on Travelers.

My suspicion is that this needed information is not present in the book. I have looked over all pages to find any text that would identify itself as the missing information referred to...no joy.

Mongoose Traveller rules 1st edition included gravity effects within the Falling section itself with a reference to the Size chart in World creation for gravity values of various worlds.

I am wondering if that should still apply to Mongoose 2nd Edition as well?

While they're updating the falling damage chart, they should include how that varies by planet gravity and terminal velocity. Terminal Velocity is a function of planet gravity and atmospheric density; parameters which vary wildly in Traveller.

Tenacious-Techhunter said:
While they're updating the falling damage chart, they should include how that varies by planet gravity and terminal velocity.
Should they? Please post this chart if you have one already.

I dunno; what should be removed from you in order for your ego to fit? Answering neither thing is my job as part of this playtest, as you damn well know.

It could be part of the charts used to determine Top Speeds, given that it's no different than flying horizontally at a Thrust of 1x local gravity in local atmosphere, if it really has to be "crowbar"ed in somewhere.

I dunno; what should be removed from you in order for your ego to fit? Answering neither thing is my job as part of this playtest, as you damn well know.

It could be part of the charts used to determine Top Speeds, given that it's no different than flying horizontally at a Thrust of 1x local gravity in local atmosphere, if it really has to be "crowbar"ed in somewhere.
Adding rules does not seem like part of a playtest. Which rule is broken exactly during your playtest?

So after all that grief you've been giving me, you finally decide to agree??? Why not just keep your mouth shut, and save yourself the trouble???
Let's hope your positive attitude influences those writing the game.

Back