Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Damn close

• Total voters

LtLeonJonson

Mongoose
okay, i got my MI Army Book and i know i will get some Exosuits when i have about 2000pts worth of Pathfinders, now i have this squad idea

sarge, Cougar Exosuit
Two grizzly exosuits, either two derringer cannons, or one derringer and one thermic lance
two grizzly with two firestorms.

Possibly cpl, Cougar, this is I have the points, otherwise it will be one of the grizzly's.

What i think there is the best of firepower for reactions and regular shoot actions. So if i read this right, I have 20xD6 Damage Die with the Squad and AA traits, and then 8xD10 with the possibility of P/2 and MH. That's the without the Thermic Lances, and I think i might not use em, too many Pack weapons.

Bug players, are you feeling scared? MI players, do you use something like this?

All comments welcome.

I'd have to say its close, but I've played against "exo-suits" before, and they have their weaknesses. Warriors can still tear these guys apart if you can surround them, 15" jump or not.

They scare me, but it aint the end of the world.

Not at all. I'm not playing exosuits because they are good, I'm playing them because I like the fluff, like most stuff.

I don't do much fantasy or sci-fi gaming anymore because I find that the "fluff" for historicals is so much more interesting.

How do you compare a bunch of guys running around in spandex with football pads on exterminating bugs to the struggle of a man on the deck of a 74 gun British ship as it crosses the T of the French line, and rolling back and forth in the surf needs to fire those 24 pound guns to rake the French ship as it passes through.

Or those on the French ship, with cannon balls ripping splinters out of the wall that will sever a man's hand, with little or no training to be doing what they are doing in this fire storm of flying metal.

You can't. But futuristic space suits with areas of control a half a kilk across, this is something I can sink my teeth into.

So I will just keep painting bugs until it balances out or design scenarios where the bugs don't have to kill the MI but the MI lose if they don't carry out some other mission.

If the game does become "unbalanced" because of the exosuits, which I doubt it will, then come up with scenarios that rebalance it or just start adding more points to the bug side until it comes into balance.

I think once people start using these things the bugs will start out getting their butts kicked but then they will adjust and see the errors they made and fix them. Things will swing back into balance. Or they will fix it in the next edition. It's not that big of a deal.

when i tried exosuits we found this

they can pump out alot of low grade fire power.

if they tak any dmage they get reduced to one action !!

they didnt kill anything near thier points value befor they died.

Admitedly it was one unit in a MI army we tried them out in, but they do have hort falls, if one guy looses a hit point the rest of the unit is slowed down.

Actually Mr. Evil, the Skinnie book introduces a general rule allowing the unit to continue making two actions, letting the wounded one fall out of formation.

pictorsstudio said:
How do you compare a bunch of guys running around in spandex with football pads on exterminating bugs to the struggle of a man on the deck of a 74 gun British ship as it crosses the T of the French line, and rolling back and forth in the surf needs to fire those 24 pound guns to rake the French ship as it passes through.

How to you compare a bunch of guys running around in wool firing balls at boats yards away in an ocean he can swim in to the struggle of a man on an alien world, light years from home battling for the survival of the whole human race in an environment he can't breathe, desperate to kill the giant alien creature before it destroys the only way for he and his friends to get home. :D

Cheers
Mark

MarkNorfolk said:
pictorsstudio said:

How to you compare a bunch of guys running around in wool firing balls at boats yards away in an ocean he can swim in to the struggle of a man on an alien world, light years from home battling for the survival of the whole human race in an environment he can't breathe, desperate to kill the giant alien creature before it destroys the only way for he and his friends to get home. :D

Cheers
Mark

Donno..he takes things far too seriously some times...

Well, the case could be made that the ocean is a pretty hostile environment for an English sailor..and those frenchies could be concidered fairly alien...

"How to you compare a bunch of guys running around in wool firing balls at boats yards away in an ocean he can swim in to the struggle of a man on an alien world, light years from home battling for the survival of the whole human race in an environment he can't breathe, desperate to kill the giant alien creature before it destroys the only way for he and his friends to get home. "

Because the sailors really existed and they aren't wearing any armour. Plus if their ship gets destroyed they have only a slightly better chance of living than the guy on the planet with the deadly atmosphere.

Neither of them compare to hoplite warfare of course, going toe to toe with your bronze clad opponents hoping that you can shove your spear into his face before he does the same to you. Only a thin layer of armour protecting you from this, oh wait, you can do that in SST too.

Hiromoon said:
Actually Mr. Evil, the Skinnie book introduces a general rule allowing the unit to continue making two actions, letting the wounded one fall out of formation.

?????????.........What the ??????. The term 'General Rule' leads me to believe that this applies to all forces in the game. Is this true or is it Skinnie specific ?

"Hey pictor..did you forget how to use the quote function?"

Actually if you look it up you can see that those two little marks at the beginning and the end of the sentence above indicate it is a quote. It's old fashioned, I know, but it is still acceptable in some places, including books and even some places on the internet.

Except you keep forgetting to site who the quote's from and what page.

Awsomeshotdude: I believe it's available for all the armies with multi-hit models in squads.

Hiromoon said:
Awsomeshotdude: I believe it's available for all the armies with multi-hit models in squads.

HMmmm, well if that's the case it is a pretty 'Major Rule' and needs to be made available in other sources apart from the Skinnie rulebook :?

When you get a chance could you confirm this for me please (I am assuming you have the Skinnie Rulebook).

If this is fact then I am finding it strange that it would be left up to the individual to 'Stumble' across this major rule without any formal notification of its existance. I find it even stranger to not include it in any general rules source....Players Guide etc.

Hey, maybe they didn't think about it till now...it's located right under the Skinnie Brute Twran (sp?) riders entry, and since those things have hits/2, like exosuits and guard bugs, limiting the entire squad to 1 action because Pvt Billy/Guardbug 103.2/Rider Tr'kil was dumb enough to get wounded was one of those 'ack' moments.

I am cool with the rule, whether it is Skinnie specific or applies to all.

I just find it very strange to introduce a major rule like this, if it does apply to all forces, without;

a) Notifying players who have other armies apart from Skinnies, and

b) Making it available in other accessable sources apart from the Skinnie Army Book.

You shouldn't have to stumble across something like this and then have to buy a book that you have no other use for to have access to it.

pictorsstudio said:

This is a qoute, it makes it easier to read your post this way.

this just makes me sound like i have multiple personalities.

on topic i veiw the exosuit as the sst terminator armour. Good in short doses, looks fantastic and a real nasty bash on the table, if all one army. Yet even termies fell in the end. Just a way around them tis all.

awesomeshotdude said:
I am cool with the rule, whether it is Skinnie specific or applies to all.

I just find it very strange to introduce a major rule like this, if it does apply to all forces, without;

a) Notifying players who have other armies apart from Skinnies, and

b) Making it available in other accessable sources apart from the Skinnie Army Book.

You shouldn't have to stumble across something like this and then have to buy a book that you have no other use for to have access to it.

Or you could ask me very nicely to PM it to you, plus page refrence :)

awesomeshotdude said:
Hiromoon said:

?????????.........What the ??????. The term 'General Rule' leads me to believe that this applies to all forces in the game. Is this true or is it Skinnie specific ?

This is an interesting situation - sort of like when the rule about swapping the target of an Arachnid CC attack for another model was printed exclusively in the Army Book of the only species who can't use it :lol:.

Actually, now I come to think about it, that's not exactly true. In Arachnid Vs. Arachnid battles, I'd presume the same rule would apply (not that it'd necessarily be useful to them). As far as I remember, the rule only requires that "an Arachnid model attacks an enemy in close combat"...

Back