Excel World Generator

GothiousRex

Mongoose
I've created a rudimentary World Generator based on the rules in the Core Rulebook with Microsoft Excel.

You can download it here

F9 will refresh and create a new world.

are we allowed to make and distribute a character generator?

or would that be bad?

I was thinking of doing one in excel using VBA

Odd, I just ran through a few builds on this excellent generator and came across a world with an A-class Starport and 0 population...

Kilgs said:
Odd, I just ran through a few builds on this excellent generator and came across a world with an A-class Starport and 0 population...

You just ran across a system whose population that has been completely sterilized...let the story begin! :D

Kilgs said:

yeah I noticed after running it there are occasionally some odd systems that result, but apparently they can be generated by the rulebook.

Dyrewulf said:
Kilgs said:

You just ran across a system whose population that has been completely sterilized...let the story begin! :D

Protocol Droid A:
"Welcome Visitors to Retron V,

Please feel free to visit with our pleasurebots while our maintenance drones refuel your hydrogen tanks. Does your ship require any additional maintenance?"

Captain Smith: "No, our coils are a bit worn but don't need replacement yet. Where is everyone?"

Protocol Droid A: "Everyone? Please specify, I need further information."

Captain Smith: "Other visitors and guests. It seems rather quiet."

PD A: "Our last guests arrived 16 hours ago, they are presently"
*slight pause* "undergoing maintenance."

Kilgs said:

A private ship construction planet run by one of the megacorporations. Everyone is on a 4-year contract so are not counted as residents of the planet. All facilities are company facilities with these same 4-year contracts.

Can be inefficient, but it gives them complete privacy and no planetary government to interfere.

All attempts to communicate with the planet fail. No landing coordinates are given. Power sources and machinery appear to be functional and are actively showing on sensors, but no lifeforms can be detected. Plague? War? Aliens? Astronomical/Geological event? Where did the population go?

=======================

It's a privately owned moon/planet, whose lone resident hermit has passed away. To whom do his assets now belong? Is there a last will & testiment in his palatial mansion that can be "forged"? Why did he die? What were the players supposed to deliver to the planet when they find him? Will they be framed for murder?

=======================

A secret waystation/lair has been discovered. What is it's purpose? To whom does it belong? When will they return?

Kilgs said:

No-mad! Ster-il-ise! No-mad! Ster-il-ise!

Cue cheesy Sixties Star Trek music ... :)

Kilgs said:
A corporate world with no permanent population, or a starport operated by TL13+ robots, or a world where a major plague destroyed the population of the world, or a good reason to hit F9 to make a different world (grin).

Back