Evo Bugs-price

Cristo Meyers

Mongoose
Does anyone remember what the price was going to be for the prepainted Warriors? I've been hearing everything from 6 for $30 to 12 for $40 to 6 for $40.

I don't remember an exact price being stated.

I believe they were trying to get 10 in a box. Although 5 would be a better number IMO, 2 boxes make a unit and you can add in smaller increments.

I think the pricing of the warriors will be a big factor to the game's initial and possibly long-term success. An arachnid army needing numerous minimum 10-warrior squad choices might add up quickly to being too expensive to attract players.

Points wise, what we see being in an LAMI box (8 troopers with 2 longbows) is 160 points. 10 15-point warriors in a box fits the bill nicely, assuming they are near the same cost. I don't expect anyone will want to pay $50+ for 10 warriors. $30 for 10 I can see people getting into.

can someone give me all the stats for lami stuff like point values and basic quick rules for special characters so i can get a list ready?

MI_trooper said:
can someone give me all the stats for lami stuff like point values and basic quick rules for special characters so i can get a list ready?
They have a preview of the basic unit card in S&P Wargamer #42.
It would be real cool if they would release unit cards for the older models, especially stats for LAMI snipers, LAMI comm links, and LAMI command models. I really don't want to have to wait months for stats to release for units I already have.

IIRC the SST EVO rulebook will cover all the existing units.

Warriors will be a box of 12. No price has been given yet.

human_target said:
If it's a box of 12, they'll need to clear and resize their shelves.
Such a box would be huge.

Seems unlikely to me.

s

not really they would be the same width just maybe a little longer front to back which would only require a little more depth in the shelf making them not much bigger then a warhammer regiment box.

Poi said:
12 was confirmed in the S&P42 preview article

I didn't notice that!

The distributor has $40 listed. 12 for $40 would be pretty good. 10 for a unit, plus a couple extra to fill in point gaps when army building is nice as well. At $40 for 12, one prepainted bug is cheaper than an unpainted space marine!

'Starter Set' (1 LAMI squad box vs. 1 12 Arachnid warrior box) is now $70.

glad ive stocked up on warrior bugs, id rather pay less for unpainted then more for prepainted since id repaint them anyways.

Well, I suppose they could try to achieve a swarm-effect on the display window of the box (there will be a display window will there?)

I don't own any bugs at the moment (I'm a MI player - Haldeman's Dust Devils), so I may have trouble visualising it.

Wait and see.

S

they should make sure all the warriors are pointed forwards out of the window, so when you have say ten boxes lined up in a store front, passers by will see 112 warrior bugs trying to get at them...

it will remind me of a pet shop too

Gauntlet- said:
they should make sure all the warriors are pointed forwards out of the window, so when you have say ten boxes lined up in a store front, passers by will see 112 warrior bugs trying to get at them...

it will remind me of a pet shop too

Holy Crap! What kind of pet shops do you frequent?

Went to a pet shop once and they had a terrarium with one glass wall almost entirely covered by small, bright green baby leaf frogs. Looked pretty bizarre, that. Not that a leaf frog is quite as nasty-looking as a warrior bug, but they do have those unblinking eyes... And they are, well, live to boot.

Back