Entrance Spell

gwazigan

Mongoose
What is the effect of Entrance Spell ? I see that the target of some other spells have to be entranced , but is there another effect ?

Well, the description on page 209 is quite clear:

... the target creature must make a Will save or be unable to take any actions for as long as you concentrate.

Read the rest for more details such as Hit Dice limits.

- thulsa

Hello All,

I have a question/ thought about the Entrance spell.

It states that
... the target creature must make a Will save or be unable to take any actions for as long as you concentrate......and if the creature is attacked or sustains damage while entranced, it may attempt a saving again to throw off the effects of the spell

It seems that a scholar could entrance a creature/person and hack away until the target saves. That seems like a potent offensive weapon for a scholar.

Also if the target does save would the target get a bonus to the next saving throw if the scholar cast the spell again?

Your thougts please,

Afro-slav

An additional thought,

It is further stated that
an entranced creature is not stunned, so attackers gain no special advantanges against it.

But how can one not if the creature is unable to take any actions?

Thank you,

Afro-slav

afro-slav said:
But how can one not if the creature is unable to take any actions?

I would think the same.

I think the victim could be allowed a new saving throw each time he is threatened. If he fails, he is attacked as if flat footed. After he is attacked, another save will be in order. You could grant a cumulative +1 bonus to his saving throw each time he has to make a check.

You could consider the effect of the spell on the victim as if charmed, he is bewildered, his mind is somewhere else. He could be aware of things, but he is dettached, as in dream where someone is talking to you, but you can't listen, and you don't care. Or you could consider the victim under the overpowering gaze of the sorcerer. The sorcerer is preventing him from acting by shear power of will.

Remembering Hyboria's Fiercest, where you can push physical abilities to the extreme, maybe a similar rule could be applied to saving throw checks to escape entrancement.

thulsa said:
Well, the description on page 209 is quite clear:
Read the rest for more details such as Hit Dice limits.
- thulsa

The feat Power Magic Attack fron the SoS allows you to spend power points to override that limit. For every 2 pps you spend, you can increase the maximum hit die limit by 1 up to your charisma bonus, and it also gives you a +1 to the magic attack roll.

Back