EF vs. US

Just one question for you, lads and ladies:

Which side do you take - and why ???

My opinion is clear: I preach the European way - the only way to breath, fight and live.
We will kick the American scum :twisted: !!!

(remember - it's just a game!!!)

son of a preacherman said:

Is this another shade of calling someone's mother a name and then claiming it a joke when they are about to pop you?

If I run a Arm2089 game, then I will let the players decide who they want to ally themselves with at their leisure. However, from the perspect of what jobs I will prepare- it will likely be on both sides of the line.

I certainly wouldn't use a rpg to trumpet my ideology.

CR

coyraven said:

Is this another shade of calling someone's mother a name and then claiming it a joke when they are about to pop you?

If I run a Arm2089 game, then I will let the players decide who they want to ally themselves with at their leisure. However, from the perspect of what jobs I will prepare- it will likely be on both sides of the line.

I certainly wouldn't use a rpg to trumpet my ideology.

CR
This sentence was just for people like you - people, who don't know the difference between the game and reality!!!
My post was intendend to give players the opportunity to post IN THE ROLES THEY PLAY IN THE ARM2089-GAME (or do you really believe, that i'm a European fanatic in the real world ???) !!! A place, where you are able to play your role as a mekwarrior (or whatever) in the forum and to shout out your battlecries and political slogans. A place for ROLEPLAYING, because ARM2089 is a role-playing game (perhaps you forgot).
Now i hope, thats clear.
And so i repeat: EF forever!!! We will crush everybody, who stand in our way!
(for the slow-minded: I spoke in the role of my EF- mekwarrior)

Hi, Mr. or (Mrs.?) Coyraven!

I just want to say one (or two or three) sentence(s) to the EF vs US discussion: A2089 is not like D&D, Slaine or Judge Dredd rpg - it`s a very political one.....playing in a world, which resembles to the current world. It`s the nature of this game to start discussions and - of course - there is the risk, as well the opportunity, that such "confrontations" will refer to the current situation.....

Discussions and RPG(psychological method to confront somebody actingly with real world problems) are better then real fighting!

Have a nice day :wink: and EF will nuke you!

Perhaps your original post could have been worded a little more clearly, so people could tell from just reading it that you ment the questionn to be an IC one rather than an OOC one.

Personally, looking forwards at the characters I might play in the future, including the one in Mersy Mekwar, they're probably all going to be British Independance fighters, something you don't allow for in your question. Just as you neglect all the other factions in the A2089 world.

This sentence was just for people like you - people, who don't know the difference between the game and reality!!!
My post was intendend to give players the opportunity to post IN THE ROLES THEY PLAY IN THE ARM2089-GAME (or do you really believe, that i'm a European fanatic in the real world ???) !!!

As Purkle-chan said, you should have been clear about what you were asking.

I can tell the difference between a game and reality. I can't read the mind of a person who posts something incoherent.

CR

Götterfunke said:
It`s the nature of this game to start discussions and - of course - there is the risk, as well the opportunity, that such "confrontations" will refer to the current situation.....

I agree entirely- and such discussions would be interesting. On the other hand, using the game to just make inflamatory statements or to exploit player (not character- that would be ok) bias strikes me as a way to quickly cause a game to end.

CR

Ok, last clarification:

1) I apologize for obviously not being clear in my first post.I just thought that my "over-the-top"-phrasing ("American scum") in combination with the sentence "it's just a game" would be enough to make my real intentions clear.
2)I also apologize for replying a little bit emotional to your critic coyraven, but i don't like it being called a guy, who is "calling someone's mother a name"! (I don't exactly know, what this phrase means, but it absolutely does not sound very nice !!!! Explanation: I'm from Austria, so my English is a little bit limited)
3) To purkle-chan: It's right, that there are other factions, but it is a fact, that the main conflict in the arm2089-universe is between the EF and the US. So I'm absolutely convinced, that every player has to take sides one time - sooner or later!
So i think, it's a legitimate question, with which side of these two main factions you sympathize - and why. Certainly your characters in the game will have strong motives for fighting for the EF or the US, and these i wanted to know (besides some cool statements of your characters kicking verbally somebodies ass!!! - that's the game, that's roleplaying in my opinion!!!)

2)I also apologize for replying a little bit emotional to your critic coyraven, but i don't like it being called a guy, who is "calling someone's mother a name"! (I don't exactly know, what this phrase means, but it absolutely does not sound very nice !!!! Explanation: I'm from Austria, so my English is a little bit limited)

I was not clear then- My point was there are some people that make rude comments and then try to justify those comments and protect themselves from retribution by saying the comments were just a joke.

A similar behavior is often seen on the net where someone will say something offensive and then put a smiley :) at the end as if that forgives their comments.

However, I am not now suggesting you were acting like that. We just did not understand each other.

I apologize for my part in that misunderstanding.

CR

coyraven said:
A similar behavior is often seen on the net where someone will say something offensive and then put a smiley :) at the end as if that forgives their comments.

CR

You mean something rather like This?

:) I just couldn't resist this link after reading that part of the post, and sorry for dragging this a little off topic.

Just one question for you, lads and ladies:

Which side do you take - and why ???

My opinion is clear: I preach the European way - the only way to breath, fight and live.
We will kick the American scum :twisted: !!!

As an American Scum I would play either US aligned (official or covertly funded) or true opportunistic, profit at any (moral) cost with some pro US bias.

BTW is it true that French warmech pilots get quickchange bolts for free?

The U.S., definitely.
In a war of ideologies, you can't take any other side. The U.S. is going to rely heavily on propoganda. Eventually the whole battle against the EF that will take place in Mexico will be part of corporate plots, and the EF may not even be officially involved at all.

Basically, the EF are inhuman monsters... literally. The U.S. is in a war to stop their genetic modification to create bioderm soldiers in their mechs. I don't care whether or not it's true. It doesn't really matter. The U.S. soldiers are fighting for the future of humanity and that's all that matters.

As i am curently stationed in Denmark my orders are to follow EF orders. (for as longe as they can afford it) previously ouer squad has ben stationed in Prag, Mexico, Japan, and Nigeria supporting warious fragtions of the EF.

a mercenarys loyalty depends on the sise of the employes bank acount

LordRahvin said:
The U.S., definitely.
Basically, the EF are inhuman monsters... literally. The U.S. is in a war to stop their genetic modification to create bioderm soldiers in their mechs. I don't care whether or not it's true. It doesn't really matter. The U.S. soldiers are fighting for the future of humanity and that's all that matters.

Now that is _exactly_ the right attitude with which to approach A2089 :)

LordRahvin said:
The U.S., definitely.

Now that is _exactly_ the right attitude with which to approach A2089 :)

Back