EF vs. US

i hate every one no matter who they are. i even hate my self at times, so there you go was that o.k or was it to much hate for you to take all at once. as far as i can see my players will fight the u.s as they already think that every one over there is a sad sack of shit. now before all you people rant and rave about what i just said, remember one thing, every one hates the french more than anyone else!

have fun no mater what side you are on and could someone help me out of this hole i have just dug? er hello? help me!

baron
"look!i can get both my feet in my mouth!"

Not trying to be too politcal here, but discussing war time ideology is a rather mote point. Every side in a war uses proaganda and each thinks the other is a "inhuman monster." Case in point (RPG based) ever seen the animated series Heavy Gear based on the RPG and other follow on games? When it first came out I was pretty heavy into it, and I thought the Northern Alliance were the good guys. The TV series has taken the opposite view and use a Southern Milita unit as the white hats, different POV.

Ideology is whatever side you are on. I have breezed through the Arm:2089 books and have to say that I too support the EF, but the "Allied" stuff is cool as well, though I don't know the entie story. As the Russians say "It's not something I will make gunpowder over." :wink: In war everyone is good, and everyone is evil. Granted some are more evil then others, but no one is clean.

I just want to make sure something is clear. My above post isn't against voicing the opinions of your character in 2089. I am just trying to divert the next great war, which is usually the result of some the posts that are starting to show up.

Can we put a "Opinions expressed by these Warmek pilots are not necessarily those of their players" sign on this? :wink: :D And continue to have fun with this?

Aparently Draco Argentum isent god at rememberig loses. just remember this thos that forget the past are eternaly condemed to repeat it.

surry got a littel caried away anyway dident the US loose in vietnam

a mercenarys loyalty depends on the sise of the employes bank acount

I said all out war for a reason. Vietnam got fought with a fraction of the US's power and many political restrictions. The US has already nuked Brussles in the Armageddon war, I don't think they'll be restricting their operations.

Draco Argentum said:
I said all out war for a reason. Vietnam got fought with a fraction of the US's power and many political restrictions. The US has already nuked Brussles in the Armageddon war, I don't think they'll be restricting their operations.

Like I said I have yet to buy the books, so I don't have the whole background story, but why Nuke Brussels? Or did they nuke all the other more strategic cities and just had a few MOABs left over? :lol:

whichever side will pay me the most ill take there side.. untill someone comes and gives me a better ofter.. im in this war for the money and nothing more..... the only country i wont take money from is the French....

Okay you funny Americans !!!
There really seems to be a majority of pro-american fighters or ruthless mercenaries - so my question is: where are my european brothers-in-arms, all our strong and brave EF-patriots, who will give these former colonies of ours the boots !?
First we have to take terrible revenge for Brussels, such an evil act of atrocity requires hard consequences. Seattle was just the beginning... Washington would be fine for a little, nice second hit. Your airdefences and warmeks will not protect these corrupt capitalists from some tiny nukes, brought in by our brothers and sisters...
Your greed after money and power will dig your graves - the time will come, when your citizens realize, that a corporate-sponsored (!) president and a private army of killer-mercenaries is the wrong way... and they will come to the EF to stand in the sun of our moral leadership !!!
In the end i greet all our allies over the world - Arabs, Canadians, Koreans, Africans... even our misguided children in Britain - you will come back (one way or the other...)

At last one word to my French brothers, who are not cowardly, as you think - well, okay... they tend to run away when facing an enemy, but... oh, forget it :? .But their foreign legion is a really great unit... without French, but who cares, if they blast the hell out of these American cowboys !!!!!

son of a preacherman said:
Okay you funny Americans !!!
There really seems to be a majority of pro-american fighters or ruthless mercenaries - so my question is: where are my european brothers-in-arms

Like many other times in history, the best and brightest ended up in the US. They came with $ in their eyes.

First we have to take terrible revenge for Brussels, such an evil act of atrocity requires hard consequences. Seattle was just the beginning...

Wow, the french nuked Seattle, how original. Everybody nukes Seattle.

the time will come, when your citizens realize, that a corporate-sponsored (!) president and a private army of killer-mercenaries is the wrong way.

Since when did the general population have a say in who was elected President, or what the government did?

Umm, the former colonies remark seems a little confusing, since the UK and the US are, as usual, allied(and no-one else really had serious colonies in America), unless of course you're one of those EF loyalist scum (not that I really care, your money is just as good!)

BTW, has anyone ever considered the historic parallels between Vietnam and the American war of Independance? (the tyranny of distance, lack of real political/economic commitment, difficulty in identifying the enemy, etc)
Personally I am a (scrupled) Merc. I fight for truth, liberte(with accents), and a big fat paycheck (and incidentally, aiming for the legs really helps on salvage "Help, I've fallen, and I can't get up" :) )

These in the days that heaven was falling,
the hour when earths foundations fled,
followed their mercenary calling,
and took their wages and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended,
They stood, and earths foundations stay,
What god abandoned, these defended,
and saved the sum of things - for pay.
(A.E. Hausman "Epitath on an army of mercenaries")

We sit. We see. We laugh.

When America is no more...when Europe is fallen...then shall we of Asia and Australia rise to our rightful place.

Where you have ruled, we shall reign!

Back