EA Vigilante / Boreas Cutter Scratchbuild - READY NOW

I thank you all for your positive resonance. As said, that is my hobby and gives I my best there.

Ok...prelude the boreas is 4,5 inch long and 1 inch widht, i think it is in the nearly size like your nike ( like your nike...cool wordgame :lol: )

hiffano...to the usage we fans make better models like moongoose...
i mean... even debt MGP... muhahahah :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
( but you are right, this is depressiv, why???? MGP have profi modelers, better, expensive tools and many more good stuff to make great models, but the most of us fans use only simple tools, I think.

for example, my tools are a dremel, a cutter knife, second glue and some plastic cards, not really more...

ok.. now I must watch the scream awards 2006...excuse me :wink:

current status of the boreas:
It is FINISHED, I paint the ship, today.
here is it now...... The Vigilante Class Patrol Cutter "EAS Krator" 8) 8) 8)

OK... now I need some ideas for the stats of the boreas.
go go go... dear ACTA players. Give me some good ideas for a new patrol or skirmish LV crusade ära ship.
( I use the ship as a marathon convertion, currently 8)

Boreas08.jpg
Boreas04.jpg
Boreas02.jpg
Boreas11.jpg
Boreas01.jpg

in a couple of weeks I want to make a mold of this ship... i currently learn how to make molds of miniatures. :wink:

Well, you call it a cutter so that does implies a few things to base some stats on.

Fairly large crew for the size, fast but light hull. I see these ashigh endurance, long range patrol cruisers. Not really a bruiser in either weapons or defense, but able to get to where it needs to go and then stay there.

So...

Skirmish PL Boreas Cutter

Speed 10
Turn 2/90
Hull 4
Damage 22/4
Crew 26/5
Troops 3
Craft 1 Starfury
Special Rules Interceptors 2, Jump Point

Q-Laser 18 B 3AD SAP, Mini-Beam, Twin-Linked
Missle Rack 30 F 2AD SAP, Precise, Slow-Loading
Light Pulse 8 P S 4AD Twin-Linked
Particle Beam 5 T 4AD AF, Weak

The efni specs included railguns as well but if I used standard EA railgun traits i felt it would be overpowered as a Skirmish Level ship. B arc mini-beams may not be either DD or Prec, but the combonation of Mini-beam, TL, and the high turn rate should ensure a large quantity of hits, if not especially powerful ones.

angelus2000 said:
Well, you call it a cutter so that does implies a few things to base some stats on.

Fairly large crew for the size, fast but light hull. I see these ashigh endurance, long range patrol cruisers. Not really a bruiser in either weapons or defense, but able to get to where it needs to go and then stay there.

So...

Speed 10
Turn 2/90
Hull 4
Damage 22/4
Crew 26/5
Troops 3
Craft 1 Starfury

Q-Laser 18 B 3AD SAP, Mini-Beam, Twin-Linked
Missle Rack 30 F 2AD SAP, Precise, Slow-Loading
Light Pulse 8 P S 4AD Twin-Linked

The efni specs included railguns as well but if I used standard EA railgun traits i felt it would be overpowered as a Skirmish Level ship. B arc mini-beams may not be either DD or Prec, but the combonation of Mini-beam, TL, and the high turn rate should ensure a large quantity of hits, if not especially powerful ones.

a really nice start. thank you angelus2000
but i think hull 4 is weak for such a nice ship of this ära,
on the other side... you are right it is a patrol cutter, like the teyths.:roll:
mhhhh...no railguns, you make me angry :twisted: :wink:
Ok... more ideas, please.

so...the Boreas is ready,now.
In a few days I start my second scratchbuild of crusade EA ships - The Lupo Frigate Projekt 8)

m48.jpg

muhahaha, i love this small, new EA ships,...really :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was tmpted to try to make it a Patrol PL when I saw it. Knocking down Dam/Crew would have been easy. The main issue with trying to do so was the amount of different weapons system. Spinal beam, missles, AF turrets, pulse turrets. The real issue was the missle racks IMO. 2AD of missles is what the hermes carries already. BUT if they were given missle racks of the tethys(no variants, range 20), i can see it fitting as Patrol PL

So...

Patrol PL Boreas Cutter

Speed 10
Turn 2/90
Hull 4
Damage 18/3
Crew 20/5
Troops 2
Craft 1 Starfury

Q-Laser 18 B 3AD SAP, Mini-Beam, TL
*Missle Rack 20 F 2AD SAP, Precise, SL
Light Pulse 8 PS 4AD TL

This is most likely overpowered for a Patrol PL, but given fluff restrictions on its weapons(ignoring the railguns) I doubt it could be reduced much father in weapons AD and still maintain a precense on the field. It may be fast, turns quick, and carries a lot of AD, but none of the AD is DD and it will go pop if anything glances at it wrong. Anything Skirmish or Raid with any sort of AP/SAP and DD weapons would most likely kill it with one good shot.

This is a ultimate tech ship, should have advance Jump point, Maybe if you take out some weaponry.And in a second idea., this ship should be a Skirmish level and reaplace the Hyperion and stay as skirmish level.

@angelus2000; The E.F.N.I tech and performance issues of the cutter seem to indicate more of a Skirmish/Raid level. So trying to keep to Skirmish:

Speed increased to 12" and turns decreased top 1/90º (more manoeuverable than 2/45º as it can turn tighter, but not as extreme as 2/90º)
Hull increased - but damage/crew reduced (to the same as a Torotha) along with troops reduced to 1 (its a long range, long duration patrol ship, probably not suitable for carrying many troops).
Traits: ISA issue Advanced Jump Point and Flight Computers added.
Weapons, the E.N.F.I. weapon specs indacate 'Q' process was a performance improvement added to standard laser systems, so regular boresight heavy laser was used, range was reduced to match Ka'Toc. Missiles were Advanced standard from Crusade-Era and Railguns were added as a turret system to increase the general offensive capabilities and Light Pulse Cannons were added more as defensive systems, and as such I found no particular reason to Twin-Link them. A large battery of the Crusade-Era EA Particle Guns were used as dedicated Anti-fighter defenses.

Speed 12
Turn 1/90º
Hull 5
Damage 16/5
Crew 18/5
Troops: 1
Craft: 1 Thunderbolt flight
Special Rules: Advanced Jump Point, Flight Computer, Interceptors 2

Heavy Laser Cannon 15 B 2AD Beam, Double Damage, Super AP
Advanced Missle Rack 30 F 2AD Precise, Super AP, Slow-Loading*
Light Pulse Cannon 8 F 3AD
Light Pulse Cannon 8 A 3AD
Light Pulse Cannon 8 P 3AD
Light Pulse Cannon 8 S 3AD (Perhaps this should be another Range 8, 6AD, Turret arrangement?)
Railgun 12 T 6AD AP, Double Damage
Particle Beam 6 T 6AD Anti-Fighter
* This weapon ignores the Slow-Loading trait unless the ship is crippled.

The turret arrangements mean that a lot of firepower can be brought to bear in a single arc, however multiple enemies in different arcs should make difficult choices for the captain, also it carries a lot less all round firepower than most other EA Skirmish choices over the prior years.
E.N.F.I. design spec was to combat Raiders, Drazi Warbirds/Sunhawks and Drakh Raiders.

I am woundered about the dimensions of the boreas, it is nearly 1250 m in length..nearly to a hyperion.
And it is ONLY a patrol cutter. And it have more firepower then the Hyperion, or?

And thanks for the nice ideas of the stats, to all ACTA players.

Nomad... get right. You are on my list. give me a little bit of time and I made the mold of this ship. :wink:

You may want to contact Luciano over at EFNI.org if you're planning on making copies and selling them. I doubt he'd charge you anything (until you sold X amount) but I'm sure he'd appreciated knowing.

Great work.

prelude_to_war said:
You may want to contact Luciano over at EFNI.org if you're planning on making copies and selling them. I doubt he'd charge you anything (until you sold X amount) but I'm sure he'd appreciated knowing.

Great work.

Oh yes, of course.
If I am so far with the forms I him will times contact and to ask whether into order goes. There is finally its great drafts. It concerns also copyright. I cannot sell simply its ideas without its permit-eat. One does not make there such a thing and can it to large annoyance give. :wink:

But as said, it lasts to build still another little to I the mold can. End of the yearly am I much so far. :roll:

UPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....
I noticed a straight critical error with me. The class name does not read at all Boreas. That is the name of the ship on SCI FI 3D Models. I dont knowed that this side is from Luciano are, too.
The class is called Vigilante. Sorry of people, why does not say their to me such a thing. :roll:
Is ashamed you… :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Silvereye said:
I thought that Boreas was a much better, and more appropriate EA ship class name than Vigilante.

I think that also. But I did not develop the ship, would like however the draft into so far to honour which I also the correct names use. :wink:

I love EBAY... i have become my ordered polystyrene plates.
now i have the resources to build a lot of new EA ships. Juhuuuuuuuuuu, freu:D :D :D

news: i want to make definitly a mold of the boreas, in the beginning of the next year...time will see.
now i must contact the designer of this ship Mr. Trentadue, to ask him what he mean and think... :wink:

urobach81 said:
news: i want to make definitly a mold of the boreas, in the beginning of the next year...time will see.
now i must contact the designer of this ship Mr. Trentadue, to ask him what he mean and think... :wink:

if you do it mate, count me in.

Back