EA Vigilante / Boreas Cutter Scratchbuild - READY NOW

Rynar said:
Looks nice, but can you post a picture that compares its size to other EA craft? this way people can already get an insight for a PL lvl.

Great work, 8)

Boreas001.jpg

looks big...but when i build it smaller, i can´t add the details correctly
thats the problem... :roll:
when i want to build it in the same size like the cronos or the thetys cutter...mhhhhh...is really difficult.
But for me the ship does count actually, not its size. :wink:

Ok, I add some more details in the ship. Here are the current status...
now i must order some turrets and parts from moongoose for the details

BoreasCutter006.jpg
BoreasCutter005.jpg
BoreasCutter008.jpg
Boreas002.jpg

Wow your ship looks better and better :D

And it definitely should be revolving around detail, not perfect size.

And your ship is big enough to count as a Marathon stand in, if one does nto want to make up new rules (pickup games and such). And yes no snickers, thats an advantage :D

I agree, looking good...now all we need is to find someone with a 3D prototyping unit to shrink it down by half or so. :lol: otherwise we'll never hear the end of "anybody got any fleet-action scale Boreas?" :lol:
Seriously though, keep up the good work, I think we're all on the "fan made" bandwagon now...!

Chern

Nice, nice and nice... It is starting to look very good! Ok, the model is kina big in comparisson but who cares? ps: ever compared the Olympus vs The Omega, not very realistic...

Mhm, maybe I can make an EA ship model too, but how? Maybe I'll use a bar af soap to construct it :D

Greetz, Rynar 8)

Rynar said:
Nice, nice and nice... It is starting to look very good! Ok, the model is kina big in comparisson but who cares? ps: ever compared the Olympus vs The Omega, not very realistic...

Mhm, maybe I can make an EA ship model too, but how? Maybe I'll use a bar af soap to construct it :D

Greetz, Rynar 8)

yep...exactly what I mean.
when I must built cruisers or battleships is this far easier with the scale.
to build smaller vessels in the realistic scale of the ACTA minis you need more then plasticcards and a dremel...and mannnnnny more experience and practice,and better tools and so on... think I. :wink: :wink: :wink:

but, i do my best for my hobby 8)

I agree, looking good...now all we need is to find someone with a 3D prototyping unit to shrink it down by half or so. otherwise we'll never hear the end of "anybody got any fleet-action scale Boreas?"

yessss...ships in the scale of a little scew... easy to find and have a lot of details... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

urobach81 said:
Rynar said:
Looks nice, but can you post a picture that compares its size to other EA craft? this way people can already get an insight for a PL lvl.

Great work, 8)

Boreas001.jpg

looks big...but when i build it smaller, i can´t add the details correctly
thats the problem... :roll:
when i want to build it in the same size like the cronos or the thetys cutter...mhhhhh...is really difficult.
But for me the ship does count actually, not its size. :wink:

Ok, I add some more details in the ship. Here are the current status...
now i must order some turrets and parts from moongoose for the details

BoreasCutter006.jpg
BoreasCutter005.jpg
BoreasCutter008.jpg
Boreas002.jpg

What did you use for the connons mounts at the side of your new ship boreas?

I use the same plastic cards like for the hull.
i glue it together in three layers and cut the turrets mounts out.

so....i add the turrets ( without gunbarrels ) for the particel beams
(or anti fighter guns???) and the forward armor frame is nearly complete.
the black lines on the hull are helping me to make the armor plating...

boreas0002.jpg
boreas0006.jpg
boreas0004.jpg
boreas0001.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks so damn close to the efni.org specifications.

Great site and resource material.

MGP should also approach that guy.

Damn.... I hate wait.
My ordered turrets for the Boreas need to arrive still another little to it.
Arghhhhhh... :wink:

WOW :shock:
Looking fantastic there!!!

I really can't praise the ship highly enough, it's like all the great fan-based ship builders are coming out of the woodwork and showering us with visual treats :)

Can't wait to see the finished version.

Thanks. The ship looks now still a little careless, by the screeding compound and the cuts in the covering. But that is worked on everything still cleanly polished and. I wait actually only for the turrets, then that can paint to go loosely.

I find it a little depressing that the fans and players can produce better models than Mongoose.

to be fair, most of the CGI rendered ones I've seen floating around the internet look pretty bad. There are a couple good ones here and there, I think Prelude and Urobach have picked the best of the litter, personally.

Chern

Back