Drazi ship names

i'd tend to towards the brutal for their warships perhaps - a bit sterotypical but hey..........

Hammerfist, Bloodbringer, Smasher, Bloody Blade, Axeblow, Headtaker, Predator,

perhaps "Lamentation of their females!" :wink:

IIRC, the only time we hear a Drazi ship named was when a Sunhwak intercepted a Planet Killer missile.

It was the Stra'kath.. or something? Sounds a bit like Klingon, so perhaps Da Boss got it right. As long as it sounds brutal, go for it :wink:

Other possible themes:
. Various names of birds of prey
. Names of edged weapons
. Look at a thesaurus for variants of "bravery", "freedom", "honour" or "revenge"

There's a name generator here:
http://www.starstuff.co.uk/chargen/nameGen.asp?raceID=5
Intended for use with the RPG, it generates character names, but you could always say that the ships are named for former Drazi heroes. (Or it could be what KennyBoy suggests, just with Drazi names rather than Human. :))

Not for a Centauri. I'm sure they have a Haven somehwere with a name like "Majesty of Threefold Perfection in Action".

Modesty is not a Centauri virtue.

Usually only name the Stormfalcons, most of the others don't last long enough to bother and only get numbers :wink:

The only english translation of Drazi ship names I've ever found was for the Sunhawk that played catch with a nuke. Can't mind it off the top of my head, but it was suggested that the common first part of the name was usually like Fire, Flame, Nova etc and the last like Fist or Hammer (not very subtle those Drazi :) ). Might have been the Sunfist.

I would go with Da Boss way to name ships, if I remember right from Fed Commander even Klingon ships were named Ruthless, Predator, Intimidator etc.

Back