[Dragon Warriors] Tomb of Vallandar [SPOILER ALERT!]

Hello,

If you are a player planning to play this adventure, please stop reading this!

The text below is in white. Click and drag across it to see it clearly.

OK, on page 17 of the adventure book the stats for a Gorgon are presented. It says they have the powers of a 5th-rank Sorcerer.

My question: How many XP is she worth? I know she's worth more than 5. Is there a way for me to calculate this or do just I guesstimate? She can poison characters and turn them to stone. If I had to guess, I'd place her somewhere around a rank-equivalent of 10.

Any suggestions?

Since I can't get Spoiler tags to work on this forum my reply is in White also.

they are a Rank 5 Mob and the Magic is part of there standard ability set, but in Classic Book 1 they recommended drooping the Magic for the benefit of Novice Warrior only parties

I did like the background they gave the lady in question in the new edition made her presence seem a little less out of left field.

a lot of the things added in "Sleeping Gods" feel like stuff that was cut from the original edition to save space so they could fit in in to the pocket book format, glad they where added.

Sir Brad said:
a lot of the things added in "Sleeping Gods" feel like stuff that was cut from the original edition to save space so they could fit in in to the pocket book format, glad they where added.

True.

i was hoping they'd be able to do something similar with some of the goofier parts of Elven Crystals( mostly Darians castle) but I don't think James said he had changed/added much.

I always felt that we only got the bare bones of "Darians Castle" apart from the Tomb seen at the very end of the Book it was the weakest part of the book, and the poorest DW Adventure. when I run TEC I usually skip it since it's too much trouble to re-do it.

Sir Brad said:
I always felt that we only got the bare bones of "Darians Castle" apart from the Tomb seen at the very end of the Book it was the weakest part of the book, and the poorest DW Adventure. when I run TEC I usually skip it since it's too much trouble to re-do it.

True, as it used to be the High King of Erewons castle before Darian nicked it one would think there were a lot of floors and rooms missing off of the map/descrip.

And I'm still stuck thinking a) What the hell is a Mud Monster b) Who sticks one in their friggin kitchen?

Gunge in the kitchen? Sounds like Darian needs a plumber. :D

<tumbleweed rolls through the desolate silence>

.... Oh come on it wasn't that bad a joke, was it? :wink:

Jiminy said:
Gunge in the kitchen? Sounds like Darian needs a plumber. :D

<tumbleweed rolls through the desolate silence>

.... Oh come on it wasn't that bad a joke, was it? :wink:

It is only because you are a veritable God of Wiki that you are not struck down for such an attempt at humour. :wink:

what gets me is the main map shows a south Easterly coast line, but the only Gulf in Ereworn that provides an easterly coast line is nowhere near the Pagan Mounts and provides no southerly aspect.

It's going to be interesting to see how the new TEC deals with this inconsistency - perhaps it will have a brand new map?

Sir Brad said:
what gets me is the main map shows a south Easterly coast line, but the only Gulf in Ereworn that provides an easterly coast line is nowhere near the Pagan Mounts and provides no southerly aspect.

True, but I think its fair to assume that a kingdom of that size contains more than 1 castle and more than 1 village which is named after the entire kingdom and a little coastal hamlet full of proto-Deep Ones.

A new map, indeed an expanded description of the kingdom of Erewon would be very good...........maybe thats what James is so busy working on? ;)

Sir Brad said:
Have to say, I don't worry about this sort of thing nowadays (although I did fret about it in the '80's) :) . In the time of Legend, mapmaking was far from being an exact science; I liken the main map to being a medieval cartographers view of the world, and not at all accurate. If said mapmaker was based in Ferromaine then the League would be at the centre of the map, if in Tamor then the Imperial City would be at the centre ("all roads lead to Rome...) etc. I'm currently sketching out Thuland in some greater detail but rather than worry about miles/Km etc. I measure distance in fractions of days travel. It feels 'more medieval' to say "After half a day's travel you are approaching a dense pine forest covering the lower foothills. Do you want to break for a meal now before you enter?"

Back