Does Oleb trust them too much?

JMISBEST

Mongoose
A GM I know says that Oleb trusts The Pcs too much.

The campaign has been going for 403.1 years, thanks to Pc and Npcs other then Wrax using Anagthics, of in-game time or around 6.047 real-life years, so my friend says

The main reason for her saying that is that they are very tempted by and they have a high chance of taking The GeDeCo's offer and abandoning Drinax, What's worse is that more then 1 6th of all Drinax Ships, more then 1 3rd of Drinax Ships that mass more then 4,700 tons and 3 of Drinax's 5 Capital Ships are more loyal to The Pcs then they are to Drinax and if the Pcs desert and/or betray Drinax then those Ships will also desert and/or betray Drinax, as well as which the 2 Capital Ships that are truly loyal to Drinax are the 2 smallest of the 5 and those 2 ships crewa are only willing to die for Drinax out of loyalty to their commanding officer who is willing to die for Drinax. 1 of the 2 is Wrax's Grandson and successor of Wrax's Daughter, who succeeded Wrax, and the other is Wrax's Great-Granddaughter and legally appointed successor of her uncle/Wrax's Grandson/current Supreme Commander of Drinax's Official Forces. So does Oleb trust them too much

JMISBEST said:
A GM I know says that Oleb trusts The Pcs too much.

(...) :roll:

So does Oleb trust them too much

King Oleb is a man of great passions – and great sorrows, when a black mood takes him. He clearly has a death wish, between his chosen sport and his decision to gamble his entire kingdom on a bunch of pirates (Pirates of Drinax, book 1, page 225).

Yeah, King Oleb trust them too much, can't you imagine why?

P.S.

I lack a death wish, I *never* read your posts. Japanese is simpler.

How do you handle the changes in the setting over 400-odd years? Leaving aside the big changes like the Rebellion, Collapse, Empress Wave and so forth, worlds will develop or regress over that time to a very great extent. Alliances arise and fall. The Trojan Reach of 1520 is going to be very different to the Reach of 1105. That's a lot of development and change in the setting. to implement and keep track of.

Also, is this yet another group playing Drinax in your area who use this gigantic scale with hundreds of years passing? How many is that now?

I ask mainly because I've never encountered anyone playing on this scale, and you don't seem to know anyone who doesn't. That's intriguing. Do all these groups have a common source or influence?

Or have I just never encountered this before out of sheer chance?

M J Dougherty said:
Also, is this yet another group playing Drinax in your area who use this gigantic scale with hundreds of years passing? How many is that now?

I ask mainly because I've never encountered anyone playing on this scale, and you don't seem to know anyone who doesn't. That's intriguing. Do all these groups have a common source or influence?

Or have I just never encountered this before out of sheer chance?

Most of its me asking questions on behalf of friends. But I know only them and none of their players, which has resulted in me thinking that for some unknown reason they're getting me to ask false questions to make me look a idiot, but I value them as friends too much to bring it up. I'm just too kind

If that's what they're doing, they're succeeding.

At risk of being a bit more blunt than kind, your questions tend to be irritating.

You want people to come up with answers to situations that seem extremely contrived or just plain silly, and to do it they have to wade though complex stream-of-consciousness posts containing multiple asides and irrelevancies.

So here's some advice. It's worth at least what you're paying for it...

The people who write Traveller adventures and the setting that goes with them are writing on the scale of 'a bunch of guys in a small starship', who go places and have adventures. They might have a few good weapons and even a few tens of thousands of credits to hand from time to time. If you want to play on a scale where ten years pass and everyone rolls to see how much their portfolio has grown then that's your business - there's no right or wrong way to play this game - but you're not playing the same game as everyone else.

These problems you keep having, like how the Imperium would react when what are basically gods turn up in their invincible starships, don't happen in other people's games. Even as a hypothetical exercise it's not possible to give you a useful answer because you have contrived a situation so overpowered that the Imperials cannot do anything meaningful.

Likewise, I seem to recall you asked how to make the finale of Drinax a challenge for a group that had been playing for centuries and had thousands of ships. I didn't write Drinax but I did a lot of the supporting material, and the finale is aimed at a group that commands maybe a couple of small ships; a handful perhaps. That's your problem - you've created a game on a scale that breaks the setting and you're asking how to shoehorn it back in. It can't be done.

So my advice to you would be to let your friends ask their own questions, and to try playing a game on the scale the writers envisaged. Struggling along on a shoestring can be fun, and success can be incredibly rewarding even if the payoff is modest - if it's earned. Most players I know would value a cut-price annual maintenance and a few thousand credits that they had earned the hard way over a lucky roll on a table someone made up which grants them another truckload of diamonds and the Best Ship In The Sector.

Alternatively, by all means play this game you call Traveller however you like it, but don't ask other people to solve problems that only exist because of your chosen play style. It's getting tedious.

Okay. Explain this contradiction, if you will.

Your friend won't say too much in case her players realise it's her. But she says the game has been running for 6.047 years and in-game for 403.1 years. She has provided details of numbers of capital ships and who is loyal commanding them and all that other stuff.... but that's all because any more information would allow her players to figure out that it's her you're asking for and not some other person you know who's been running Drinax for 6.047 years.

This really isn't very believable.

There are several people on this forum - including myself - who would try to help you out if you asked sensible questions. Posting this nonsense is abusing the goodwill of the board's community.

If you're telling the truth and you really are asking on behalf of others then I suggest you stop. It looks remarkably like these people are trolling you. I find it hard to believe that you are in contact with multiple gaming groups all of whom are playing Drinax in the same weird manner, making up tables to get lucky on so they can all have 73.67 battleships each or whatever.

Like I said, you're abusing the goodwill of the board community and filling the board itself up with these ridiculous threads.

M J Dougherty said:
Okay. Explain this contradiction, if you will.

Your friend won't say too much in case her players realise it's her. But she says the game has been running for 6.047 years and in-game for 403.1 years. She has provided details of numbers of capital ships and who is loyal commanding them and all that other stuff.... but that's all because any more information would allow her players to figure out that it's her you're asking for and not some other person you know who's been running Drinax for 6.047 years.

This really isn't very believable.

There are several people on this forum - including myself - who would try to help you out if you asked sensible questions. Posting this nonsense is abusing the goodwill of the board's community.

If you're telling the truth and you really are asking on behalf of others then I suggest you stop. It looks remarkably like these people are trolling you. I find it hard to believe that you are in contact with multiple gaming groups all of whom are playing Drinax in the same weird manner, making up tables to get lucky on so they can all have 73.67 battleships each or whatever.

Like I said, you're abusing the goodwill of the board community and filling the board itself up with these ridiculous threads.

Yeah sorry

Got 4 confirmed so-called friends drunk off their heads at dinner time today and confirmed they've been masquerading as themselves and 10 others for a decade this December 1, doing it how I don't know and likely better no guessing, all cos they've never liked me, just to see me Trolling and looking like a great numpty, worse still my own 5 players where in on it too, all to get back at me for misdeeds at school 22 years ago. Now I've got no players and no friends and never truly had them, all cos of getting them drunk and finding out a truth I'd rather not have known. So now I've got no friends my own age that will do Traveller RPG with me and likely no RPG's at all. Any ideas on how to cheer myself up, I've never been this low but am amusing myself as best as I can by thinking what I'd do to them if Traveller was real and this had happened in it

So basically discard all my posts not about Uber Empire or my original Super Drinax Posting

We've reached a point where I wonder if this is just another unlikely scenario.

However, if it's true then you truly do not need people like that in your life.

If this is the local gaming scene then perhaps you need to find another area of interest.

Why do they have to be your own age?

If nobody in your area will (and those ones don't sound like they are worth it), then that doesn't mean giving up gaming, there's the possibility of some form of online play, there's also gaming conventions. Or some form of gaming that doesn't involve RPG's.

Also about the appraise this topic they gave me loaded dice without me knowing and did it knowing that due to my well known luck with dice rolls I'd boast about it here and look even more of a idiot. Scums the word for them

Back