Dodge!

kain

Mongoose
Hi,

Question: Can a ship try a “Dodge” to avoid dammage from explosion of another vessel which explodes?

Yes, you can always use dodge unless the rules say you can't (eg. anti-fighter weapons, e-mines, or if your speed is 0)

I always thought you couldn't dodge an explosion, as, like an e-mine, it's an area effect. stupid dodge!

hiffano said:
I always thought you couldn't dodge an explosion, as, like an e-mine, it's an area effect. stupid dodge!
You were always wrong, then ;)
You can also dodge JP bombs. Now that is really stupid, but its the rules.

Dodging the jump point bomb seems a little odd, but for an exploding ship, remember that most of the risk isn't concussive blast (vacuum, remember), but the sizable chunks of broken mimbary* warcruiser flying at you at speed. Dodge them, and the rest is just chipped paintwork.

* This typo brought to you by the Campaign to Misspell 'Minbari'

locarno24 said:
01029055.jpg

Thats it, you're off!

Borger? You talking to me punk? ;) RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

And I believe its correctly pronounced Minibari (similar to Minbari but with more booze :D)

Incidentally I'd like to take this opertunity to congratulate all involved for a new record for wildest tangent a thread has gone off on recently (from how does dodge work to 'see how badly we can mispel a certain race' :p)

one the question is answered I think its ok to go off topic, especially when talking about Nimpary.

Chern
:wink:

All I'd like to say is this. All questions should be answered with completely serious, clear and concise responses before making fun of the Binbari.

voodoomachine said:
All I'd like to say is this. All questions should be answered with completely serious, clear and concise responses before making fun of the Binbari.
Agreed. Abuse of these forums needs to stop. That said, I enjoy Nigiri any day of the week. The warrior caste Sashimi too.

Back