Dilgar

Well, thats my name (although spelled somewhat differently) but whether or not it is me or not I couldn't tell you since I don't know who you think I am ;)

Who people are is not so important.
But what people want, that is what counts.
At least that's what my associates always tell me..
:wink: :p :D

Well, I for one would be very disappointed if the guys at Mongoose failed to do a Dilgar supplement. Oh, certainly they will be doing the show era stuff first - timeline books, race books etc.; but after that's done I do expect them to take a look at B5 history (and especially the Dilgar war, since AoG already covered some of it, so they can build from a really good foundation - and there is lots of potential for roleplaing there).
But of course how soon they'll get around to doing something like that will probably depend on how many potential customers tell them they want such a supplement. So go on people, scream you want Dilgar.. :wink:

Greg Smith said:
I wouldn't want a Dilgar book. But if they were part of a League book, I would be interested in reading about them.

They'd probably be mentioned in passing, but it wouldn't do justice to the war. No league book would be complete without a brief overview of the war though, but fuller details would be wasted there (besides, would you want descriptions of (now) near extinct races that don't venture out into the cosmos?).

A Dilgar war book would be a setting more than anything else, but I'd say the League book (if done properly) would give you all you'd need.

Similarly a book fully devoted to the Earth Minbari war would be a great but not everyone's cup of tea. Most of the information you need for everyday play is already out there, but a progress of the war would be invaluable for a campaign set then.

Hi frobisher, long time no see!

(I used to post on the B5Wars forum under the name of "Red", and was an ardent defender of the Centauri fleet, despite the popular opinion that it was weak)

Mayhem said:
Hi frobisher, long time no see!

(I used to post on the B5Wars forum under the name of "Red", and was an ardent defender of the Centauri fleet, despite the popular opinion that it was weak)

Hiya!

Good to see (?) a familiar "face" again :) I've an appauling memory for real life names, but I do remember you - we met in the flesh at GenCon UK back in 2001 ISTR?

The forum's still going well despite everything, though a lot of the old faces have gone beyond, there's still a few familar ones about (no Neuromancer so bandwidth isn't hammered as it used to be ;) ) - there's the odd few familiar (and not so familiar) faces from there, here as well.

On the subject of those with dual citizenship, you might want to check this thread out :wink:

http://www.b5wars.net/forums/readMessage.php?thread=8583&state=

Heh - this thread is turning into "Friends Reunited".

Yeah, I think it was 2001. But havn't played for *ages*, the wargames club I used to frequent dwindled into non-existence. And when I stop playing a game, I tend to stop visiting the site, and lose all contact with the "news." Imagine my surprise at discovering, some time later, that AoG had ceased production!

Anyway, back to the topic ;)

Somewhere kicking around my hard-drive I wrote out a (I think, but I'm biased) logical alternative time-line in which the Dilgar were contained, but not erradicated. Never got around to doing anything with it in any B5 Wars campaigns but with B5D20 about, my interst is re-kindled.

(That and seeing a re-run of the pilot movie on SKy the other day ;) ).

Personally, I love keeping a Dilgar or two around to serve as the "Nazi War Criminal" style eeeeevil villain! Every power can be assumed to have a Dilgar or two stashed away as "scientific advisors" in my campaigns.
Barring an official version, here's a quick off the cuff Dilgar character stats:

Dex:+1 Int:+1 Cha:-2 Feats: Skill Focus-Technical, Lightning Reflexes, Infamy, Nightvision

Probably could do better with a book in front of me, but....

I'd love to see a book on the Dilgar, and I really would like Mongoose to put out books on different era's of play. That would be a great idea and a real resource for those running games not set during the TV show's arc.

SheliakBob said:
Barring an official version, here's a quick off the cuff Dilgar character stats:

Dex:+1 Int:+1 Cha:-2 Feats: Skill Focus-Technical, Lightning Reflexes, Infamy, Nightvision

Probably could do better with a book in front of me, but....

Actually the Dilgar in the main book are +2 Int, -2 Cha. Feats: Low-Light Vision, Alertness and Toughness.

I'm playing a Dilgar scientist in our group. My background for the character is his father, the CAG on Jha'Dur's Mishakur dreadnaught, had his pregnant wife, an artist, smuggled out of Dilgar space just before the siege on Omelos began with the help of the Narn. Eventually she ended up on the Minbari Protectorate world of Tir, sheltered by members of the religious caste, where my character was born. He is now traveling the galaxy, trying to find cures for the plagues of Jha'Dur to atone for what his race has done. He is also a pacifist.

Zathras said:
I'm playing a Dilgar scientist in our group. My background for the character is his father, the CAG on Jha'Dur's Mishakur dreadnaught, had his pregnant wife, an artist, smuggled out of Dilgar space just before the siege on Omelos began with the help of the Narn. Eventually she ended up on the Minbari Protectorate world of Tir, sheltered by members of the religious caste, where my character was born. He is now traveling the galaxy, trying to find cures for the plagues of Jha'Dur to atone for what his race has done. He is also a pacifist.

That seems to be an interesting character. I guess the character must be looking over his shoulder wherever he goes, of fear of being recognized.

How has it gone so far?

/Tegman

Tegman said:
That seems to be an interesting character. I guess the character must be looking over his shoulder wherever he goes, of fear of being recognized.

How has it gone so far?

Interesting to say the least. I've had a few encounters that, if I hadn't rolled well, would have ended badly. It also helps to wear Minbari robes with a hood when I go into public and maintain a low profile as well.

Zathras said:
It also helps to wear Minbari robes with a hood when I go into public and maintain a low profile as well.

Good idea. I loved the look of the Dilgar, and the whole story. I fear that being a hated sole survivor of a species, the story could degenerate into yet another pointy-eared, dark-skinned, agnst-ridden, scimitar wielding hero. ;)

"Actually the Dilgar in the main book are +2 Int, -2 Cha. Feats: Low-Light Vision, Alertness and Toughness."

Hurm. well. At least I was pretty darn close with this one. Much closer than I was with the Markabs. sigh.

Okay dokey. That's it. I've learned me lesson. I'll keep my twitchy, impatient fingers off the keyboard until I actually KNOW what is and isn't in the main book. Which my FLGS should have in for me next Wednesday anyway.

I like the Dilgar. Could be fun to play one. Only problem is it says the league once they know about you will hound you till you die. Might make it hard to do on B5. Might be able to get away with it out on the rim.

Back