Differences Between Conan RPG and Atlantean Edition

Got a question.

I purchased the Conan RPG earlier this year, but my players and I are just now getting around to playing it, and now I find out there is an updated "Atlantean" edition of the game which is supposed to have new changes and an incorporated errata.

Is there any official listing of the changes and errata outlining the changes between the original Conan RPG and the Atlantean edition?

I own the original, and I do not wish layout another 50 bucks for another book. I have looked at the Conan "Atlantean Edition Key Feature Changes" and "Official Errata" on the Mongoose website, but the "Changes" document only briefly describes what has been changed, not the actual rules.

Does anyone know if I can find this type of official rules change actually spelled out? Or I am stuck with buying another Conan RPG book to keep current with the new supplements?

Thanks for any help.

Bjorn the Barbarian said:
Got a question.

Is there any official listing of the changes and errata outlining the changes between the original Conan RPG and the Atlantean edition?

AFAIK, there isn't. However, if you're still after the Atlantean Edition ruleset, you may want to consider Pocket Conan RPG. It's only twenty bucks (okay twenty-two bucks) and should provide everything you're looking for.

There is a PDF that you can download from here. Just scroll down and look for where it says "Atlantean Changes". It's not comprehensive, but it's pretty close. I guess it's something I could do and post it up sometime next week or so. There's a lot of little things and tiny augmentations for clarity that don't really count as full-on rules changes, but that document will cover the big stuff.

Thanks to both of you.

Sutek,

I have already looked at this PDF file and it really doesn't explain the actual rule changes, just descibes briefly what they changed, not the actual rules/mechanics.

By Ymir's beard, I guess I will just wait until the pocket book comes out next month and get it. :twisted:

Bjorn the Barbarian said:
By Ymir's beard, I guess I will just wait until the pocket book comes out next month and get it. :twisted:

Could just clip the back page corner and send in the form with your CC or money order/check for the reduced AE edition through the SoC program as Mongoose said they'd honor it as long as there was 1st editions still around that folks wanted to send it in....believe the thread is around here somewhere still. I got mine in the mail a few months ago so I got both editions now.

Whatever works for you though.

Back