Deus Vult: Sacerdos Custos Training Guide - Now Available

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The Sacerdos Custos Training Guide for the revised Deus Vult setting is now available from Drivethru.

In Deus Vult, players are members of a highly secretive order of the Church at the end of the 12th century, dedicated to fighting supernatural evils that would otherwise corrupt God's divine plan for humanity. From hunting ghouls and werewolves in the forests of the Holy Roman Empire, from tracking down diabolic cults in Rouen, to quests across the Holy Land for powerful relics that may save humanity, there is much work ahead of them.

The Sacerdos Custos Training Guide contains everything a player needs to know in order to create a character, equip them with the finest weapons of the Order, and fight supernatural evils hidden within the medieval world.

You can grab it from;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/119915/Legend-Deus-Vult-Sacerdos-Custos-Training-Guide?affiliate_id=7242

119915.jpg

Very cool. This is by far my favourtie RPG setting.

Any plans to make a print copy available?

I really love this setting, and I'm glad to see that it isn't dead.

Having bought the PDFs previously, it was great to get the new version for only $1.00!

However, I have noticed a few 'errors' in the equipment section of the pdf;
1) The Asset Point costs for most of the special ammunition is missing
2) In the description for 'Treasure' it states that 1 Asset Point allocated gives the character 50 Silver Pieces, but on the equipment table it states that 500 Silver Pieces. Which of these is correct?

Shamanic said:
I really love this setting, and I'm glad to see that it isn't dead.

Having bought the PDFs previously, it was great to get the new version for only $1.00!

However, I have noticed a few 'errors' in the equipment section of the pdf;
1) The Asset Point costs for most of the special ammunition is missing
2) In the description for 'Treasure' it states that 1 Asset Point allocated gives the character 50 Silver Pieces, but on the equipment table it states that 500 Silver Pieces. Which of these is correct?

I have the original as well, is this new version very different? What's new?

As for the errata you mentioned, we might as well share what we know from the RQ2 version.
1) Ammunition Silvered, Corded = 1 Asset Point. Ammunition Consecrated, Incendiary = 2 Asset Points. Ammunition Explosive = 3 Asset Points.
2) This error seems to exist in the original as well. However common sense says it's 50 SP per point, because the 'Other Mundane Goods' entry is 100 SP per point.

RangerDan,

Thinking about it, your answer does make sense - I just wanted to double check.

To answer your question, the main difference is that the original RQ 2 version has split into 2 books - the Training Guide and the Story Guide;

The Training Guide contains information on the Order, character creation, special equipment as well as Miracles and 'Gifts' (heroic abilities in Legend). Basically, it's everything players would need to know.

The Story Guide contains the rest of the material from the original book, everything the GM would need to know, and includes a starting adventure.

There does appear to be some new material, and a few changes - such as dropping the term Heiromonk, and only allowing characters who were raised within the Order; however, the majority is the same, but updated for use with Legend.

Hopefully that hasn't given too much away?

I only have a vague recollection of Dark Ages: Inquisitor, but from the little I can remember that isn't a bad example.

You play monks (or nuns) from The Order who are tasked with protecting 'God's Plan', and Christendom, from Heretics and the supernatural, by any means necessary.

There are two caveats to this though; 1) no one outside The Order can be allowed to know that the supernatural exists; if someone, say a child (or an entire village for that matter), witnesses something they shouldn't, they have to be 'dealt with' - again by any means necessary; 2) no one outside The Order can know of it's true purpose (they can't hide their existence, as they're based on Mont St Michel) - I'm sure by now you can guess what happens to anyone who does find out.

Shamanic said:
There does appear to be some new material, and a few changes - such as dropping the term Heiromonk, and only allowing characters who were raised within the Order; however, the majority is the same, but updated for use with Legend.

And miracles are now more... Biblical :)

Back