Demon vs Demon

Scorpion13

Mongoose
I have a question.

Say you have two sorcerers who are fighting. One summons a demon to defend him, and the other does the same.

So if a demon is fighting another demon, do thier attacks hurt each other if each one has immunity to non silver or fire damage, or does this very nature cancel this out when they fight one another?

I think, that demons will fight between themselves first. During this time, sorcerers may cast spells and treat'em, like they don't have influence on combat.

So you mean one demon cant injure the other unless its with fire or silver?

I would think that since both are supernatural beings, thier natural immunities wouldnt count in battle with one another.

But thats just my opinion on the matter.

I think you are right on in your thinking scorpion 13. Don't let a literal interpretation of the rules get in the way of dramatic gameplay. Go with what makes the the most entertaining story.

I'd say that magical beings like non-native Outsiders, powerful Undead and Elementals can be considered enchanted weapons for the purpose of causing damage with their natural attacks.

Most likely they would fight tooth and claw and not use their demon powers.

But I would think of them as an extension of the sorcerers power, and let the sorcerers fight it out according to their abilities and not the demons. You could have the demons use fire and other weapons against each other, but not do any harm; just for show and dramatic special effect. The real fight would be with the sorcerers personal powers.

What's to say the two demons have to fight each other? Who knows, they may turn out to be old chums and, grinning wickedly, turn on the foolish mortals. :twisted:

Well this line of inquiry comes from me think about who would win in a fight, the Master of Yimsha or Thoth-Amon. Both have acess to powerful demons, and if they did fight, they would probably try to use them on each other.

Which got me to thinking about how a fight between two demons would go. Unless they share a special relationship, I dont see how a a demon would have any problem kicking another demons ass. Like say, I could see a Black Fiend happily murdering a Child of the Outer Dark.

I was just wondering how a fight like that would go down, and what the logistics of it would be.

The D&D rules say that creatures with a damage type immunity are able to cause damage to others who have that same immunity, so I'd take that as a default assumption in CONAN unless there's a specific contradiction.

Raven Blackwell said:
I'd say that magical beings like non-native Outsiders, powerful Undead and Elementals can be considered enchanted weapons for the purpose of causing damage with their natural attacks.

same oppionion

...and even if the D&D or OGL or FBI or whoever is saying something different....it "feels right" to see 2 demons ripping themselves to pieces like some magical gladiators summoned by two dark sorcerers....and that's the bottom line :)

:twisted:

Plus it might be cool to incorporate the the demon's fight into the 2 sorcerers' war of souls checks. Its a cool mechanic, and maybe if both were pact sorcerers, the demons could begin feeding off the sorcerer's power points. So sorcerer A drains sorcerer B 6 power points and then his demon grabs 5 of those to get an edge against B's demon.

The possiblities are endless!

I was just thinking that perhaps not all demons come from the same dimension. So they may have some immunity and may be enemies also. But if a powerful sorcerer summons a demon, he also should be able to banish a demon. If the demons both turn on their masters, they would just be banished. Unless the sorcerers have no idea what they are doing and are just opening gates and such and doing stupid foolish things with powers they are using idiotically. So let the demons eat them.

Call me crazy, but I think that demons would be smarter than attempt to fight one another when they're manifested on the physical realm. If I were a summoned demon, I would attack the fleshy human sorcerer, not the demon he summoned. Once the sorcerer is dead, the summoned demon will be returned to his home plane.

dunderm said:
I was just thinking that perhaps not all demons come from the same dimension.

I think they do. The Void, isn't it? I can't remember if Howard ever truly seperated a hell from the Lovecraftian Void, those "lightless, infinite gulfs". Anyone able to tell me for sure?

zeitverbrecher said:
Call me crazy, but I think that demons would be smarter than attempt to fight one another when they're manifested on the physical realm. If I were a summoned demon, I would attack the fleshy human sorcerer, not the demon he summoned. Once the sorcerer is dead, the summoned demon will be returned to his home plane.

Unless the sorcerer commands it's demon to kill the other demon, so that the other demon can't get to the sorcerer. They're not really free-willed when they get summoned, so the if the sorcerers command them to kill the other demon... the fun part of demons is that you have to be careful with your wording.

:)

-=Grim=-

Back