Delays to UK releases of Season 5 and the movies on DVD

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Hi everyone,

Just found out that the release dates for the UK (Possibly all of R2) for Season 5 and the B5 movies on DVD have been moved back to next year.

3 Movie Box Set is now slated for 28th February 2005
Season 5 Box Set is now slated for 17th January 2005

If you're ordering from sendit.com (formerly blackstar.co.uk) your order status won't actually tell you yhis but the item pages show the item as deleted in the UK. I got my information from play.com and corroborated by amazon.co.uk (I'm nothing if not thorough)

I'm thinking the R1 Movie set is looking good for many reasons :

1) It's available

2) You get all 5 movies for about the same price as the UK would get 3 due to the rather excellent (For Brits) £/$ rates

3) You get all 5 commentaries.

Now all I need is some money :)

(WARNING: Buying lots of Mongoose products can be slimming to your wallet!)

LBH

I only saw like the opening of Legend of the Rangers. I tought I had my VHS recording it but it did not. :cry: I wish it was in the b5 movie dvd box set.

R1 did not get Legend of the Rangers. I am thinking the new thing JMS is doing has something to do with it.

It is being released on a separate DVD because although it is set in the Babylon 5 universe it is not actualy a Babylon 5 movie. The station can be seen for all of 2 seconds.

It is appaling that R2 doesn't get all of the movies in the box set. What are WB playing at. I only hope that Australia will get all of the movies.

While I'm on the topic of Ausralia, we don't even have a release date for series 5 and have only just got series 4.

Hello,

can someone tell me what subtitle/languages will be available in the R2 box set?

The thing is that "on the continent" it only comes out at least two or three month after being released in the UK.

As I am sharing my DVDs with all the players in my B5 campaign, I have to make sure that they contain french subtitles (or even spoken for some :oops: *shudder*) if I want to order the box in the UK.

I looked on Amazon.co.uk, but they did not indicate the languages and subtitles...

Any help in sight?

Thanks a lot!

petitbilbo from Brussels

According to Play.com:

Languages English - Dolby Digital (5.1)

Subtitles English ; English for the hearing impaired ; French ; Spanish ; German ; Arabic ; Dutch ; Croatian ; Slovenian ; Portuguese

The "Region 1" Movies box set is actually R 1,2,3 and 4

They are NTSC however which might cause a little grief depending upon what you play them back on (My (unchipped) Xbox is fine until it hits effects shots at which point there is a noticable stutter, but not too distracting).

It's not like Warner to be so generous :)

frobisher said:
The "Region 1" Movies box set is actually R 1,2,3 and 4

They are NTSC however which might cause a little grief depending upon what you play them back on (My (unchipped) Xbox is fine until it hits effects shots at which point there is a noticable stutter, but not too distracting).

It's not like Warner to be so generous :)

I just tested it...

Works just fine !!!

The only thing is, the box came from China (the chinese symbols a bit everywhere are a dead giveaway...) and it's really just one simple cardboard box with 8 :!: DVDs in it. What I mean is : it's nos as nice as the previous 4 boxes I own.

But so what, I've got it month before the actual release on the continent... :twisted:

8)

Petitbilbo

Being the anal retentive completionist that I am, I'll wait till they hit the UK shores for Season 5. I might get the R1 movie set though to get the commentaries for ItB and The Gathering. I don't think they're being released in the R2 box set, just the other 3 movies.

LBH

Back