Deckplan Design Derby - 800 ton "Cruiser"

Dave Chase said:
I really hate doing this but

I am going to have to bow out of the design derby.

Sorry to hear it Dave, but if Life is treating you good that's very cool :)

I'm still not ready to surrender (too stubborn lol) and hope to have something put together. Inspiration is on a low ebb and now my plan (hah, call that a plan!?) being unhappy with the tools at hand is to learn GIMP on the fly and whip up my rough sketches into presentable form in the next... well, starting tonight I suppose...

...stop laughing! It can't be that steep a learning curve, even for this old trader. I said stop laughing!!

Plan B (there's always a Plan B) is more realistic. I scan my scribbles and post that :? Oh yes, be afraid, be very afraid...

Contrary to earlier optimism it looks like nothing is coming from me :( It's not a deadline issue so don't worry about extending it for me.

Still a bit of a nasty draft, but these two months have not been kind to leisure endeavors.

This is a C-09 Type C, and conforms, vaguely, to the tonnage allocations for the Type C Cruiser in the CRB.
TypeC_var2012_draft.jpg

Let the voting begin!

Hmmm, let's see... this isn't going to be easy :|

I think... yeah, I'm gonna have to vote for Gypsy Comet's Caravel class. It was close though...

:wink:

...but seriously :)

Very nice deckplan GC, I like the layout a lot as an alternative to the old ball. This has good flow and it looks very good tonnage wise. Not that I counted squares... yet ;)

I have another one, about 90% done and "stuck", that would be a C-12 by the rules of this Rally. It was done using T4-SSDS, though. Someday I need to wrestle through the last 10%.

Back