Darkness and Light Source Book

Traveller-61 said:
And can we please, please, please have a Thirdspace book???? :D
Considering how important the original invasion was and the links to the Gate at B5, the Hand, and the hints that there might be more of this stuff lying around, this should make a great sourcebook (not to mention some very nice miniatures :p )

DW

I'd like to second that.

Finally got D&L, and it's awesome!

After my initial read thru I just have a few comments.

There aren't any pictures of the Shadows in the biology section! There are several pictures of Kosh and one of the Vorlons in their energy state, but no full body pics of the Shadows! That's a HUGE oversight!

And most of the Vorlon ship descriptions are lacking pictures too. I thought you guys were starting to add more pictures with the vehicle stat blocks, I mean the vehicles in "Free Mars" each have an accompanying illustration. And the warlock and omega-x in the EF Campaign Book each had a picture next to their description and the nemesis' picture is on the previous page. It's not so bad since their are plenty of beautiful pics of the Vorlon ships in other parts of the book, it's just convenient to have pics next to the stats and descriptions or close by, especially for important vehicles.

For the other Ancients like the Walkers, Kirishiac, Torvalus, Mindwalkers and the Triad, Agent One knows a person with some really good ideas on these races.

Kizarvexis

msprange said:
Neo said:
Maybe a generic "Beyond the Rim" type book will appear down the road that details the other first ones and means for producing more.

Spooky. Just this week, we were talking about a trilogy of books covering the bottom part of the galactic map, entitled IPX, The Rim and. . .

Beyond the Rim. . .

Fantastic! 8)

Traveller-61 said:
lastbesthope said:
Want, want, want!

LBH

What he said!!! :lol:

And can we please, please, please have a Thirdspace book???? :D
Considering how important the original invasion was and the links to the Gate at B5, the Hand, and the hints that there might be more of this stuff lying around, this should make a great sourcebook (not to mention some very nice miniatures :p )

DW

Thirded.

Kizarvexis said:
For the other Ancients like the Walkers, Kirishiac, Torvalus, Mindwalkers and the Triad, Agent One knows a person with some really good ideas on these races.

Please, please, do this book.

So when I ordered D&L (along with Crusade) just before it came out, I got an email saying D&L was out of stock. I got crusade a couple of days later.

Is D&L back "in stock" yet?

PS: I'll third (or fourth, or whatever) the call for a "First Ones" book. And probably the "Thirdspace" book as well - loved Barlowe's critters!

Finally finished D&L last night and I must say this is the best B5 book we've had so far IMO. Excellent material that really expands on what we knew of the Shadows and the Vorlons, plus a scenario as well! Fantastic!

Good job Mongoose. :)

msprange said:
Spooky. Just this week, we were talking about a trilogy of books covering the bottom part of the galactic map, entitled IPX, The Rim and. . .

Beyond the Rim. . .

Oh yes, this is the sort of thing I want to see :) I like my players to explore the "unknown" - much more fun when they haven't got a clue what's going on and have no idea what's really out there...

Something I forgot to ask in my prior post...

I was overjoyed to see info on The Hand and its origins. Was that something the author came up with or was it info from JMS?

Just curious

Mongoose Gar said:
Tying the Hand to the Thirdspace aliens is my idea, not JMS's.

Well I haven't picked my copy up yet, but that idea just sits wrong with me, mthough I may change my mind when I read it.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Mongoose Gar said:
Tying the Hand to the Thirdspace aliens is my idea, not JMS's.

Well I haven't picked my copy up yet, but that idea just sits wrong with me, mthough I may change my mind when I read it.

Ditto me - I just don't think the Hand are that good... THough, based on Gareth's past record I'm prepared to be well chuffed with what he's come up with :)

lastbesthope said:

LBH

I thought it worked quite well and linked the two events up nicely - I watched Thirdspace recently and when Lyta speaks for the Vorlons, they say that when they made the artefact it nearly wiped out the galaxy (or words to that effect) - this also fits in with what Gareth has done :)

Just a thought, does JMS read through any new bits and give his nod of approval, or are Mongoose able to just go ahead and make up anything they want? So far everything I have read seems to fit in fairly well.

I was hoping we would have more on the Thirdspace aliens - seems like an ideal place to present fuller material relating to the events in 2261...

Still looks great, though!

Gary

I'm still hoping that we'll either get a movies sourcebook or that they will be included in a First Ones book.

Eryx said:
I'm still hoping that we'll either get a movies sourcebook or that they will be included in a First Ones book.

Do Thirdspace aliens count as First ones??? I would say not, since Lorien says they got all the First Ones and then left to go beyond the Rim, Thirdspace happens after that.....

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Eryx said:

Do Thirdspace aliens count as First ones??? I would say not, since Lorien says they got all the First Ones and then left to go beyond the Rim, Thirdspace happens after that.....

LBH

Thats true, but since there was the war against them I figure it would be a good place to give us something, since I doubt we'll get much anyway. Not unless Mongoose want to do an entire Thirdspace sourcebook... ohh.. now theres an idea. :idea:

Back