Cursed Earth S&P

Rob_A

Mongoose
It's coming along nicely, but being a visual person, I cannot wait until next month.
I will have to print off all the stuff and compile it...

Hopefully all the stuff we still need to play (Mutation table, Scenarios, which turf you start with...) will be detailed in this months S@P ...I'm quite excited to do up a Cursed Earth Canadia campaign...and I've got a s#$% load of new figs just waiting to go. :D

Assuming the rules are finalised I'll post my Cursed Earth Gang in the Gang Contest thread...you can't afford to miss it!!! To be safe I'm storing them in a lead lined box as to not get any thrill-power overexposure. :D ( :roll: )

...Wonder if we will see anything this month...looks like support will skip another month, if the cover of S@P is any indicator...That will suck... :cry:

It's hard to keep people interested when support is every other month. I understand that it is FREE support, that being said it will take around 5 months to get about 20 pages of mediocre rules...that sucks. I hope that support in the future (?) will not suck this much. Loosing interst in your company and the games that you produce/say you will produce.

:shock:

That's killed it dead in our group, we've held on with gangs for a year after it would really have died and the cursed earth stuff had us ready for a campaign over the summer... the next S and P is too late for that now.
So it looks like we'll be moving on. Shame, but that's the way it goes. I think I've done fairly well to keep a group interested this long.
I love the game, but I'm fighting a losing battle. Not much the eight or so of us can do about it :)

I've been keeping a group of eight gamers stringing along for a year now..... AT 43 has broken through and there's very little to steer them away now. The other issue was the PS3, evenings we'd usualy meet to play gangs etc... have become Resistance FOM nights, hard to compete with that using a game with no support.

Looks like those Mutation Tables will be out in a couple of days...can't wait, I've been sculpting/converting/painting mutants and generally freeky lookin' people for some time now. I hope for Many mutations...fingers crossed.

The mutation tables are OK, a bit risky though...... a lot of results that really badly impair a model and some that just remove him from the game entirely
No head? lose a limb etc... on a 3-6 on 2d6, not good odds.

Agreed. I still have no idea why you would take any other option for a boss other than a Top Dog...apart from wanting a weak/screwed up boss. The mutations seem a little too common as well, lots and lots of converting...still, some support for Gangs is a good sign...

I keep waiting for these rules to come together, but it's a bit disjointed right now, and doesn't seem to be well thought out.

In the first article, it mentions an initial scenario in the opening text... but I don't see it in the article itself... did I miss it?

On the mutations front, there are lots of things missing and a lot of odd choices. I can't understand why you would have a deformity which makes you scrap the character. If you roll that, are you then without a leader? Basically everyone will have to start again from scratch. Seems like a very odd thing to have in character creation.

Normally, a high roll is a good thing and a low roll is bad, but on the mutation tables it seems reversed. A 6 will get you:
- Missing Head (start again)
- Sharp Protrusions (a knife, yay... but how does that work in play? I would have thought that should just give you a free parry)
- Opponents Revenge (probably result in something rude and embarrasing growing on your forehead)
- Loss of Ability (lose your best/favourite mutation)
- Precognition (This one is actually superb but might be a little overpowered. It has the potential for you to win the game before you opponent gets to move)

Why not have something like Two Heads, which could give you a +1 on WtF rolls as you argue with yourself... and maybe gives you a 50% chance to resist any stun effects.

I agree with UMW that it is great to see the game get some support, but this series is limping along and really needs something to give it the wow factor that makes us all want to play it.

Maybe the scenarios will help... maybe the vehicle rules will blow us all away... I'm still hoping... but I guess it'll be another two months before we see the next article anyway.

Arabin

Maybe the scenarios will help... maybe the vehicle rules will blow us all away... I'm still hoping... but I guess it'll be another two months before we see the next article anyway.

...YOU are starting to sound like ME...still, we shall soldier on...fingers crossed...waiting for the WOW... :?

Here's an idea:

We split up the setting, fix what needs fixing...... I've started on an alternative mutations table. A lot more detailed. Maybe this could be an 'advanced table' for longer campaigns?
I'll get working now, I'll submit it to S&P.
Anyone fancy doing a scenario?
There's a few of us dedicated GOMC-1 players on here. I'm pretty sure we can do something cool.
Anyone got an idea for the vehicle rules? If we split up the tasks, I'm sure we can do well.
so
Jose: detailed mutation rules.

I'd do vehicle rules, but they'd just be a rip off of Dark Future or Gorka Morka so they wouldn't be submittable.

We'd need something along the lines of a M value that converts into MPH, and hit locations, and turning rules, and rules to cover hit point areas on vehicles - so you can aim at the fuel tank and stuff.

We'd need rules for flying vehicles, too. Something that could be easily converted over.

A Drive Skill stat for gangers, a Drive Skill stat for vehicles on auto.

Rules for running over gangers with different S values based on the size of the vehicle and the speed it is travelling.

Control loss rules, explosion rules, collision rules (including where vehicles collide with each other - relative speed rules) and rules for damage to structures when vehicles hit them. It requires rules for mounting weaponry on vehicles and rules to customise vehicles.

And all these rules need to be simple but fair and at least as realistic as the rules for gangers themselves. It needs to be slam-bang fun, too.

It's a big job, but it needs doing. It could even be a huge selling point for the game.

Back