Cults of Glorantha...

It was mentioned at Continuum - apparently the author for the cults book got a bit carried away, with the result that the book has now been split into 2. That's all I know...

Mark

d(sqrt(-1)) said:
It was mentioned at Continuum - apparently the author for the cults book got a bit carried away, with the result that the book has now been split into 2. That's all I know...

Mark

And that can only be a good thing in my book [sic]! Seriously though, skimping on the pate with another GoG god learnery release would be a shame :)

d(sqrt(-1)) said:

Mark

That's pretty much the whole story. Me and another guy (by the name of Richard Ford, who is one of the main Editors) have split it into 2 books.

Dead Blue Clown said:
d(sqrt(-1)) said:
That's pretty much the whole story. Me and another guy (by the name of Richard Ford, who is one of the main Editors) have split it into 2 books.
As a nattering naybob of negativity, I must point out that this falls in line with what has been done with the core rulebook -- instead of one thick $40 book, you get two slim $25 books.

I will say this might actually be a good thing if done right -- by which I mean a player cult book, and a GM enemy cult book.

I've been out of the retail business for a long time, but I seem to remember that shelf-space was precious, and I wonder how the multi-book strategy fits into that...

Urox said:
As a nattering naybob of negativity, I must point out that this falls in line with what has been done with the core rulebook -- instead of one thick $40 book, you get two slim $25 books.

I will say this might actually be a good thing if done right -- by which I mean a player cult book, and a GM enemy cult book.

I've been out of the retail business for a long time, but I seem to remember that shelf-space was precious, and I wonder how the multi-book strategy fits into that...

In a very strange way, it feels like making a reservation to loose yourg a cred it card. Before you even know it, you have a premonition about spending another $25. :? :D

With two books are we getting twice as many cults, or more detailed write ups? Any cults written up in "long form"?

Back