Crew effecting more in the game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

rcbecker1

Mongoose
Would you like to see more rules making crew mean more in the game such as fighters straffing crew allowing ships to feel the pain of losing crew and manning guns and repair?

that or get rid of it entirely... it has no effect on the game right now so I don't tend to worry about crew damage when I play.

Hey guys if you have any Ideas you would like to share speak up. Also if you leave a message Mongoose can see if your an active member or a once a year stop in.

Wishbone said:
that or get rid of it entirely... it has no effect on the game right now so I don't tend to worry about crew damage when I play.
I intend to agree with you. I have rules I added to put crew at more risk. For every 2 points of damage 1 crew take a hit. If crew gets to low its hard to man all guns and such.

Crew reduction was not well defined in the original rules. As you blast away at an enemy ship, the crew remains the same unless you score a critcal hit. If you are going to bring crew into the game as an actual factor then there needs to be a better defined crew reduction system. Otherwise I agree, might as well play without.

Do you folks just ignore the critical hits that only effect Crew?

It sure would clean up the book keeping aspect of the game to ignore Crew. Faster Game! WooHoo.

Peace

If we were to do a second edition of VaS (not saying we are :)), we would remove the Crew score altogether. It is a relic from CTA and, given that the next generation of CTA won't have a Crew score on ships, it does seem rather redundant in VaS...

Sounds good to me less record keeping and isnt really needed. Man Im going to have to update all my sheets. Now thats alot of work well maybe we can each take a fleet.

msprange said:
If we were to do a second edition of VaS (not saying we are :)), we would remove the Crew score altogether. It is a relic from CTA and, given that the next generation of CTA won't have a Crew score on ships, it does seem rather redundant in VaS...

I would certainly appreciate a second edition (not saying it will happen :))

Would it be possible for you folks to issue an "official" update adendum? I still run tournaments of this every year at FallCon, it would be nice to make a change like this official.

Peace

I dropped Crew scores from my ships once for a game I was running that included some non-wargamers. I ended up liking it quite a bit and I'm glad to hear that there is some interest in this variant among the developers of the game.

How would the fires and crew crits be handled? Would fires do additional damage instead of crew, and crits that only effect crew do an additional point as well?

Lets just make some up...

Can't be that many we would have to alter. I am not at home right now with the books handy, but we would likely only have to change a handfull.

Peace

In the rules we added Straffing from fighters using there dogfight # for damage at 4+vs crew. If crew drops low you can treat it as critical same as damage but I recently found out through rumors here crew is going away.

I mentioned it above, but will mention it again...an "official" announcement along these lines sure would make it a lot easier to run tournaments and such.

Peace

Back