Creation date of White Star 1

Abraxus

Mongoose
Any idea when White Star 1 first became operational? We see her Season 3, episode 1, but was she around longer then that? She must have undergone some kind of shakedown.

also, i'll ask my question again. What weapon types can be used to intercept incoming enemy fire? Is it only the earthforce interceptors, or can other weapons be used to intercept incoming fire?

thanks

Abraxus

Given the crew wasn't up to communicating in english yet, I'd guess WS1 had been around for only a relatively short time, maybe a month since completion. That would have given them enough time to do a quick shakedown run, gotten the kinks out.

As far as I can see, you can't intercept in B5RPG aside from interceptors (though I'll be interested how they do Centauri Guardian Arrays...)

Thanks for the idea on the White Star

As for Interceptors, I only ask because in the B5 Wars game system there are lots of weapons that can intercept incoming fire. Oh well.

Abraxus

There is always the possibility to run the RPG part of your game using Mongoose rules and then switching to B5 Wars for all space combat. I hear a lot of old timer B5 Wars players tend to do that.

I'd say as a stopgap measure just look at the weapons that can intercept (and be intercepted) in B5W and allow the ships to do the same thing as well in the RPG. Just use the interceptor rules for targetting incoming shots.

Abraxus said:
Any idea when White Star 1 first became operational? We see her Season 3, episode 1, but was she around longer then that? She must have undergone some kind of shakedown.

Abraxus

Digging into the 'City of Sorrows', the White Star prototypes (the three fighters) were available eight months after Sinclair arrived on Minbar. It was a month after that when Marcus was sent to Zagros VII.

So, that would put the prototypes being in existence late in August, 2259. Rathenn said at that time, "...built to test the technology that is being used for the larger warships." Note the present tense, the White Star was therefore being built, or at some stage of the build. If the White Star was nearly ready, that would have been used rather than the prototypes.

As a guess, I'd probably put the completion of the White Star down to November/December, 2259. As for a shakedown cruise, not a big one, but the White Star would have needed to get where it was when Marcus took Sheridan there - if I remember correctly, there was a Minbari shuttle and an Earth shuttle, so probably just a jump-point or two away from B5.

Chobbly.

Back