Creating an adventure for sale?

nats

Banded Mongoose
Can I create a Mongoose Traveller adventure for sale/Kickstarting and what do I need to bear in mind/be limited to if so? I have never considered doing an adventure before but I am a fair artist and know Traveller pretty well so I think I could do a pretty good job, plus I have some good ideas for adventures and plenty of time on my hands.

Is it just a matter of designing the adventure to be set outside of a formal setting so I dont have any licensing issues, and including the OGL somewhere in the document, or is there more to it than that?

What if I was to consider Traveller 5 instead of Mongoose as the platform - any problems with that?

Just a suggestion

1) You are the author, as already suggested, talk to Mongoose, get the green light, and let them do the publishing.
2) Let one of the other "Written for use with Traveller" Authors be your backer and publisher. They know all the ins and outs.

I've been apprehensive about possibly creating something on my own too and have a #2 that is willing to help me if they like what I create. Figured it would let me learn the ropes and gain some acknowledgement as an author before trying to strike out on my own.

Don't neglect some of the other publishers out there that put out some really great supplements. You can self-publish through Drive-thru and if you get a good buzz, reviews and let people get a feel for the product you have a good shot at capturing more of the revenue stream.

Though, on the flip side, having a publisher means just delivering the manuscript and letting them deal with the headaches. There is something to be said for that...

There is a form in the SRD package that you need to sign and send to Matt indicating that you will be using the Traveller Logo and/or the Foreven Free Sector logo.

You do NOT need permission to publish as long as you don't use the Setting stuff or anything that is not from the SRD, no Product Identity from Mongoose or anyone else.

I've published for Mongoose in several supplements, and on my own. As others have said, make sure you read the dev pack multiple times.

If you need any tips or advice, I'm available to chat via PM! :D

Back