Crafting skills ?

MadDog

Mongoose
Is it my imagination or is the duration required to craft items borked, according to the Craft rules as written ?

Mad Dog

Totally Borked.

Not really Mongoose's fault. The craft rules in Conan are taken directly from the SRD and the d20 craft rules are widely regarded as useless.

If you care to look you can find dozens of alt-craft rules out there. I've never really found a set that I felt was both "realistic" and that didn't make my head hurt.

What I do? I just assign an ad-hoc time frame with better results for higher rolls. Yeah its cheap but crafting is mostly a downtime activity anyway and the ammount of downtime palyers get is an ad-hoc GM decision anyway.

Later.

argo said:
What I do? I just assign an ad-hoc time frame with better results for higher rolls. Yeah its cheap but crafting is mostly a downtime activity anyway and the ammount of downtime palyers get is an ad-hoc GM decision anyway.

Later.

I totally subscribe to this school of thought.

I think that d20 craft rules should be revised, they are just insanely unrealistic...

I´ll follow yout advice argo...

Not really Mongoose's fault. The craft rules in Conan are taken directly from the SRD and the d20 craft rules are widely regarded as useless.

I wasnt blaming Mongoose, I remember the same sillyness in 3.5. I thought I read a while ago someones alternate craft system on this board.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Back